Pure Copper Woven Wire Mesh UK Supply
This 0.51mm hole coarse copper woven mesh UK made. We love working with copper mesh. It is so soft to cut and use compared to the stainless equivalent.
The copper mesh is a finely woven product, designed with precision and utility in mind. Composed of intricately woven copper wires, this mesh boasts 42 wires per linear inch, translating to a dense 1,764 wires per square inch. Despite its tight weave, the mesh still ensures an impressive 70% open area, striking a balance between permeability and the mesh’s structural integrity.
With each wire having a thickness of 0.1mm, the resulting hole size or aperture stands at 0.51mm. This meticulous design ensures that the mesh is both durable and versatile, suitable for a variety of applications where the properties of copper and a fine mesh structure are desired.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 42
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 1,764
- Wire Thickness = 0.1mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.51mm
- Open Area % = 70%
- Cut With – Scissors. We would use scissors
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Will The Copper Mesh Tarnish Or Change Colour?
Due to its natural reaction with the environment, copper mesh will tarnish or develop a patina over time. Copper can oxidise when exposed to air, moisture, and certain chemicals, changing its colour. This can result in a greenish-blue patina or a darker brownish appearance. Despite the aesthetic appeal of this natural aging process, some users may prefer to maintain the original shine.
Copper mesh can be maintained by regular cleaning and applying a protective coating to slow down the tarnishing process.
Can The Copper Mesh Be Soldered Or Welded?
Yes, the copper mesh can be soldered or welded. Copper is naturally a good conductor of heat and has a low melting point, making it suitable for both processes. Solder is often used to join smaller pieces of copper mesh, especially in delicate applications, as it provides a secure bond without exposing the material to high temperatures. Alternatively, welding can be used when working with thicker copper materials or for more robust applications. To achieve a strong bond, copper mesh must be clean and free from any oxidisation before soldering or welding. For successful joining, it is also crucial to use the right flux and filler materials.
Is The Copper Mesh Conductive?
Yes, 42 copper mesh is conductive. Since copper is inherently a good conductor of electricity, it is commonly used in electrical wiring and electronic components. Its woven nature does not hinder its conductive properties. Therefore, copper mesh can be used for applications requiring electrical conductivity, such as electromagnetic shielding, grounding, or even electronic projects. For optimal conductivity, the mesh must remain clean and free of oxidation.
Check out our blog ‘the myriad benefits of pure copper wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.