Stainless Steel Magnetic Wire Mesh
1.98mm hole heavy duty woven stainless steel magnetic wire mesh metal in top quality 430 grade made from 0.56mm wire. As illustrated by the image, this is a heavy duty specification. This magnetic mesh is fairly open and tough. It is of interest to anyone who needs a strong mesh for any application. You would be able to bend this mesh by hand easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
Boasting a distinct 10 holes per linear inch and a collective 100 holes per square inch, this mesh is the embodiment of durability and precision. Constructed with a robust wire thickness of 0.56mm and an aperture of 1.98mm, this magnetic wire mesh is designed for both resilience and versatility. Notably, with an open area percentage of 60.77%, this mesh delivers a perfect balance between solid material and open space, ensuring both strength and optimal airflow or filtration, depending on its application.
What makes this mesh even more unique is its 430-grade stainless steel composition, giving it magnetic properties. This feature opens a whole new spectrum of uses, from crafting to industrial applications, where magnetic attributes can be leveraged for added functionality or convenience. Practicality isn’t overlooked either. Tailoring this mesh to your specific dimensions is a hassle-free experience, thanks to its easy-to-cut nature. Whether you reach for tin snips or just your standard kitchen scissors, resizing is straightforward and precise.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 10
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 100
- Wire Thickness = 0.56mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.98mm
- Open Area % = 60.77%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Can 430 Grade Magnetic Wire Mesh Attract All Types Of Metals?
No, the 430-grade magnetic wire mesh is not capable of attracting all types of metals. Its magnetic properties are specific to its 430-grade stainless steel composition. This grade of stainless steel is ferritic, which means it contains iron and possesses magnetic properties. As a result, it can attract other ferromagnetic materials, which include some types of steel and iron.
However, many metals, such as aluminum, copper, brass, gold, and silver, are not ferromagnetic and will not be attracted to the 430-grade magnetic wire mesh. Even some types of stainless steel, especially those in the austenitic family like grades 304 and 316, are non-magnetic and will not be attracted to the mesh.
Thus, while the 430-grade magnetic wire mesh does have magnetic capabilities, its attraction is limited to ferromagnetic materials. Always ensure to test the specific metals in your application to determine the mesh’s compatibility and effectiveness.
How Do The Magnetic Properties Affect The Mesh’s Performance?
The magnetic properties of the 430-grade wire mesh provide a unique set of advantages and considerations in its performance. This magnetic property enables a wider range of applications, including magnetic shielding and filters, especially where the mesh must adhere to ferromagnetic surfaces without external fasteners. Because of its magnetic properties, the mesh can be placed and temporarily fixed on suitable surfaces without adhesives or welding. By reducing electromagnetic radiation risks, the mesh can be used as a barrier against electromagnetic interference in electronic and industrial settings. However, it’s crucial to be aware of potential interactions when using the mesh near other magnetic materials. Moreover, while the 430-grade stainless steel offers certain magnetic benefits, it may be less resistant to corrosion than some non-magnetic stainless steel counterparts.
Can Magnetic Wire Mesh Resist Corrosion?
Magnetic wire mesh, specifically when made of 430-grade stainless steel, does possess some resistance to corrosion, but its level of resistance is not as high as that of some other stainless steel grades, especially the austenitic ones like 304 or 316.
The 430-grade stainless steel is ferritic and contains chromium, which offers a degree of corrosion resistance. However, this resistance is generally more limited when compared to the higher chromium and nickel content found in austenitic stainless steels.
Several factors can influence the corrosion resistance of magnetic wire mesh:
- Environment: In environments with high salinity, such as coastal areas, or in places with high acidity or alkalinity, the mesh may corrode faster.
- Maintenance: Regular cleaning to remove contaminants and dirt can help in preserving the corrosion-resistant properties of the mesh.
- Surface Finish: Smooth finishes can enhance corrosion resistance by reducing areas where contaminants can accumulate.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.