430 Magnetic Stainless Steel Mesh Woven Wire
0.85mm hole coarse woven stainless steel magnetic wire mesh metal in top quality 430 grade made from 0.21mm wire. As illustrated by the image, this is a coarse specification. This magnetic mesh is fairly open and tough. It is of interest to anyone who needs to make magnetic fly screen.
This mesh stands out with 24 holes per linear inch, culminating in an impressive 576 holes per square inch, ensuring uniformity and consistency in design and functionality. Crafted with a wire thickness of 0.21mm, it boasts a precise hole size or aperture of 0.85mm, striking a harmonious balance between sturdiness and transparency. Such design intricacies result in a remarkable open area percentage of 64%, enabling optimal airflow and filtration without compromising on the mesh’s structural integrity. Furthermore, its user-centric design ensures practicality; whether using tin snips or just your standard kitchen scissors, tailoring the mesh to desired dimensions becomes a hassle-free endeavor. With The Mesh Company’s commitment to quality and service, this mesh woven product is not just a mesh; it’s a confluence of durability, precision, and adaptability, tailored for those seeking unmatched excellence in their projects.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 24
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 576
- Wire Thickness = 0.21mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.85mm
- Open Area % = 64%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Can I Cut The Mesh To My Desired Size Without Losing Its Magnetic Properties?
Certainly! Cutting the 430-grade magnetic mesh to your desired size will not affect its intrinsic magnetic properties. The magnetic characteristics of the mesh are inherent to the 430-grade stainless steel from which it’s made. Thus, resizing or cutting it will solely alter its dimensions, but the ferritic nature of the steel — which imparts the magnetic quality — remains unchanged. It’s crucial, however, to use the recommended tools, like tin snips or standard kitchen scissors, for clean and precise cuts to maintain the mesh’s structural integrity and appearance.
Can The Mesh Be Used In High-Temperature Environments?
Yes, the 430-grade magnetic mesh can be used in high-temperature environments, but there are considerations to keep in mind. 430-grade stainless steel possesses good heat resistance. However, its performance in elevated temperatures may not be as optimal as some higher-grade stainless steels. Prolonged exposure to temperatures above 800°F (around 427°C) can lead to a reduction in its mechanical properties and may also affect its corrosion resistance. For short durations, the mesh can handle higher temperatures, but if your application involves sustained high heat, it’s crucial to evaluate the specific conditions to determine the mesh’s suitability. It’s always recommended to consult with The Mesh Company or another expert when considering the mesh for high-temperature applications to ensure its longevity and performance.
What Is The Aperture Size Of The Mesh, And Why Is It Relevant?
The aperture size of the mesh refers to the size of the individual openings or holes in the mesh, and for this specific product, it is 0.85mm. The relevance of the aperture size is multifaceted:
- Filtration and Separation: The aperture size directly determines the size of particles or elements that can pass through the mesh, making it crucial for filtration applications. A mesh with a smaller aperture will allow finer filtration, retaining smaller particles, whereas a larger aperture permits bigger particles to pass through.
- Airflow and Light Transmission: The size of the openings impacts the amount of air and light that can traverse the mesh. This can be essential for ventilation purposes, shading in architectural uses, or ensuring adequate light penetration in certain applications.
- Strength and Durability: A balance between wire thickness and aperture size is necessary. Smaller apertures, combined with thicker wires, can increase the mesh’s strength and rigidity. Conversely, larger apertures with thinner wires might offer more flexibility.
- Aesthetics: In decorative or architectural applications, the aperture size can influence the mesh’s visual appeal, transparency, and overall design impact.
- Weight and Material Costs: A larger aperture size generally means less material is used, which can influence the mesh’s weight and cost.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.