316 Stainless Steel Insect Mesh
This 1.57mm hole coarse 316 stainless steel insect mesh made from top quality 316 grade stainless steel. The image demonstrates that this is a coarse woven mesh specification. 1.57mm aperture is a great size to be woven mesh, as a consequence, it creates a solid structure that can be used for filtration and sieving.
When it comes to protecting your home or business from unwanted insects, there is no better solution than using stainless steel metal insect mesh. This durable and long-lasting material is made from 316 grade stainless steel, which is known for its exceptional corrosion resistance. Not only is it the perfect choice for use in outdoor environments, but the marine grade construction ensures that it can withstand even the harshest of conditions. With a 1.57mm hole and 14 holes per linear inch, this mesh is specifically designed to keep insects out while allowing for ample airflow and visibility. The 0.24mm wire used in its construction provides added strength and stability without sacrificing the high open area that makes this mesh so effective. For top-quality protection that will last for years to come, stainless steel metal insect mesh is the way to go.
Fly Screen Mesh
1.57mm hole stainless steel insect mesh is designed specifically to allow good airflow through an opening, whilst at the same time preventing flies, wasps and other winged creatures from getting through.
The mesh is light and affordable and ideal for this purpose.
Fly mesh made from stainless steel is ideal for keeping insects out. It is woven to produce small holes of 1.36mm x 1.36mm. In light of the material’s flexibility, it may require a frame in order to add rigidity. Rolls are available in a range of widths and lengths that are suitable for diverse applications. For use on soffits or behind cladding, the 10 cm to 30 cm wide rolls are perfect. These wider rolls are ideal for producing insect screens, or for covering large areas such as roofs.
Wire Mesh Specification
Below are the specifications of this 316 stainless steel insect mesh:
- Mesh Count = 14 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 196 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.24mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.57mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 75%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
This wire screen can be used as a sieve to filter out any particle that you require larger than 1.57mm.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Fly Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Is 316 Grade Stainless Steel?
316 is the stainless steel grade of choice for the food and marine industries.
SS316 is a molybdenum bearing grade, and as such it offers better corrosion resistance. It has a slightly higher resistance to heat than the industry standard 304 grade.
316 stainless steel mesh is used for many popular applications. The main being food preparatory equipment, boat fittings, laboratory benches, coastal architectural panels and railings. Feel free to message us if you need advice on which mesh to use for your application.
Composition – C 0.08, Mn 2.0, Si 0.75, P 0.045, S 0.030, Cr 18.0, M 3.0, Ni 14, N 0.10
What Is The Benefit Of Using 316 Grade Stainless For Insect Mesh?
316 grade stainless steel is a high-quality material that offers several benefits for insect screen applications, including:
- Corrosion resistance: Most importantly, 316 grade stainless steel is highly resistant to corrosion, making it an ideal choice for insect screens in coastal or other harsh environments where salt or other corrosive elements are present.
- Durability: 316 grade stainless steel is a strong and durable metal that can withstand harsh weather conditions. This characteristic will help the mesh to resist damage from insects or other pests.
- Hygienic properties: Stainless steel has hygienic properties that make it an ideal material for use in applications where cleanliness is important, such as in food processing facilities or hospitals. If you are using insect mesh in an area where food is prepared, such as a professional kitchen, then this mesh is ideal.
- Environmental friendliness: Stainless steel is a sustainable and environmentally friendly material that is fully recyclable and has a long service life, reducing the need for replacement and disposal.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are There?
The Mesh Company boast an unsurpassed range of insect mesh options. If marine grade stainless steel is overkill, then we also have aluminium, fibreglass, 304 stainless and copper options available from immediate stock.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.