Coarse Stainless Steel 316 Mesh
0.70mm hole coarse 316 mesh in top quality 316 grade stainless steel. The image demonstrates that this is a coarse woven mesh specification. 0.70mm aperture is a great size to be woven mesh, as a consequence it creates a solid structure that can be used for filtration and sieving.
The 0.61mm Hole Coarse Stainless Steel 316 Mesh with 0.23mm Wire and 30 LPI is an incredibly durable and versatile product. Manufactured from Stainless Steel 316, known for its superior corrosion resistance, this mesh is particularly suitable for challenging environments, especially those exposed to marine conditions. Its corrosion-resistant properties enable it to withstand harsh chemicals, making it an ideal material for diverse industrial applications ranging from filtration to crafts and metalwork.
Wire Cloth Specification
Below are the specifications of this fine wire mesh:
- Mesh Count = 30 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 900 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.234mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.61mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 52%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
This woven mesh can be used as a sieve to filter out any particle that you require larger than 0.70mm.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Copper, brass, black, and galvanised steel wire mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various material options.
FAQs For This Product
Can This Mesh Be Used In Marine Environments?
The mesh can certainly be used in marine environments. The material used in this mesh, Stainless Steel 316, exhibits excellent resistance to chloride corrosion. Because of this, it is ideal for marine applications, since it can withstand salt and moisture. In these challenging conditions, it maintains its appearance and integrity, making it a popular choice for maritime and related industries.
Can 316 Stainless Steel Mesh Withstand High Temperatures?
Yes, 316 stainless steel mesh can withstand high temperatures. The maximum continuous use temperature of type 316 stainless steel is around 800°C (1472°F) in an oxidizing atmosphere. Practically, this means it can be used in a wide range of high-temperature applications without degrading or losing properties.
However, the maximum temperature can vary depending on the conditions and duration of exposure. Due to the precipitation of chromium carbides at high temperatures, stainless steel can lose some corrosion resistance. This phenomenon, known as “sensitization,” is less of an issue with 316 stainless steel than with some other grades, thanks to the inclusion of molybdenum, but it’s still something to keep in mind when using this material at elevated temperatures for extended periods.
What Industries Typically Use This Type Of Stainless Steel Mesh?
Sure, here are a few key sectors:
- Marine Industry: Due to its high resistance to chloride corrosion, it’s used extensively in marine applications for filtration systems, grilles, and protective barriers.
- Chemical Processing: In chemical plants, the mesh is used in filtration and sieving processes due to its ability to withstand harsh chemicals and high temperatures.
- Food and Beverage: This mesh is commonly used in the food and beverage industry for filtration and separation processes, and in machinery for food processing.
- Pharmaceuticals: In the pharmaceutical industry, the mesh is used for filtration and separation processes where high hygiene standards and corrosion resistance are critical.
- Architecture and Construction: The aesthetic appeal and structural integrity of Stainless Steel 316 mesh make it ideal for architectural applications, including building facades, decorative features, and security screens.
- Oil and Gas: The oil and gas industry often uses stainless steel mesh in filtering applications due to its resistance to corrosive substances and high temperatures.
- Water Treatment: Stainless Steel 316 mesh is commonly used in water treatment facilities for screening and filtration applications.
- Automotive: In the automotive industry, it’s used in various components such as filters and grilles due to its strength and resistance to environmental factors.
Check out our blog ‘the benefits of using 316 grade stainless steel for food grade applications for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.