Stainless Steel Woven Wire Cloth Mesh
0.122mm hole 316 stainless steel fine woven wire cloth mesh in top quality 316 marine grade made from 0.09mm wire. As you can see from the image this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. As a result of the fineness of the wires, you would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
The woven wire cloth mesh is a refined product made from 316-grade stainless steel, recognized for its advanced corrosion resistance and strength. This mesh has been crafted with precision, featuring 120 holes per linear inch, resulting in a total of 14,444 holes per square inch. With a wire thickness of 0.09mm, the mesh exhibits robustness, particularly at the intersections where two wires meet, making the structure sturdier than the individual wire thickness might suggest.
The aperture or hole size of the mesh is a consistent 0.122mm, allowing for a defined level of filtration or separation. Furthermore, the open area percentage stands at 33%, which means a third of the mesh is open space. This balance offers a harmonious blend of transparency and material strength, ensuring the mesh is neither too closed off nor too fragile.
Wire Cloth Specification
Below are the specifications of this fine woven mesh wire cloth:
- Mesh Count = 120 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 14,444 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.09mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.122mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 33%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
You will find this 316 stainless steel wire mesh to be of interest if you require a very fine product for a filtration application. The stainless steel wire used to make this fine mesh is 316 grade, which provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheet in application is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Copper, brass, black, and galvanised steel wire mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various material options.
FAQs For This Product
What Is Plain Weave Woven Wire Mesh?
Plain weave woven wire mesh is the most common and simplest weaving method used in wire mesh production. In a plain weave:
- Weaving Pattern: Each weft wire (the wire running horizontally) passes alternately over and under each warp wire (the wire running vertically) and vice versa. This over-and-under pattern is repeated across the entire mesh.
- Appearance: When viewed flat, the plain weave pattern will appear as a grid of squares, with each square representing the space between wires. It creates a uniform and consistent pattern.
- Properties: This type of weave results in a stable and rigid structure, ensuring the spaces (apertures) between the wires remain consistent and do not change shape under tension.
- Applications: Due to its simplicity and stability, plain weave woven wire mesh is commonly used in various applications, including filtration, screening, guarding, and decoration.
- Benefits: Plain weave offers excellent strength, durability, and accurate mesh sizes. The uniform pattern ensures consistent filtration or screening performance.
What Can Be Done With Fine Woven Wire Cloth Mesh?
Wire cloth mesh is a versatile material used in a variety of sectors due to its intricate construction and durability. As a filtration device, it is widely used in industries such as pharmaceuticals, food, and beverage, and chemical processing to separate impurities from liquids and gases. Particle separation is made possible by its precision in laboratories.
Furthermore, its metallic composition protects electronic equipment from electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI). Generally, fine woven wire cloth mesh is adaptable to a wide range of practical uses.
Why Is Marine Grade Mesh Good For Filtration?
Marine grade fine woven wire mesh is a preferred choice for filtration due to its unique properties. In marine grade stainless steel, such as the 316 grade, molybdenum adds exceptional corrosion resistance, especially against chlorides and industrial solvents. In challenging environments, where the mesh may be exposed to corrosive substances, this feature makes it particularly resilient. Due to its fine weave, it ensures a consistent and uniform structure, resulting in reliable and consistent filtration.
Because of the inherent strength of marine grade steel, the mesh remains durable under the physical stresses associated with filtration systems, without deforming or tearing. Due to stainless steel’s non-reactive nature, the mesh remains stable and effective even when in contact with various chemicals. Marine grade fine woven wire mesh is an ideal choice for diverse filtration applications because of these attributes.
Check out our blog ‘the benefits of using 316 grade stainless steel for food grade applications for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.