Stainless Steel Woven Wire Mesh
0.104mm hole 316 stainless steel woven wire mesh in top quality 316 marine grade made from 0.05mm wire. As you can see from the image this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. As a result of the fineness of the wires, you would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
The woven wire, crafted from marine-grade stainless steel, offers a blend of durability and delicate finesse. Resembling the texture and feel of fabric, cloth, or even silk, this product provides a fine mesh structure with 165 holes per linear inch, totaling an impressive 27,225 holes per square inch. Such precision ensures consistency across the mesh, making it ideal for applications that demand a delicate but strong barrier.
The individual wire has a thickness of 0.05mm, which means where wires intersect, there’s a slightly thicker structure, ensuring both durability and flexibility. The square hole size, or aperture, stands at 0.104mm, ensuring a balance between breathability and filtration, with 46% of the mesh being open area. This ensures the woven wire is not only sturdy but also permits adequate airflow or fluid movement based on its usage.
One of the standout features is its ease of handling. Though made of stainless steel, its fabric-like nature allows it to be cut using standard kitchen scissors. In some instances, you can even tear it with your fingertips, highlighting its versatility and ease of use.
Wire Cloth Specification
Below are the specifications of this fine woven mesh wire cloth:
- Mesh Count = 165 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 27,225 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.05mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.104mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 46%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
You will find this 316 stainless steel wire mesh to be of interest if you require a very fine product for a filtration application. The stainless steel wire used to make this fine mesh is 316 grade, which provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Copper, brass, black, and galvanised steel wire mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various material options.
FAQs For This Product
What Is The Material Of The Woven Wire?
A marine-grade stainless steel woven wire ensures durability, corrosion resistance, and suitability for a range of indoor and outdoor applications. Particularly in environments exposed to moisture or saline conditions, this grade of stainless steel is known for its strength and longevity.
How Do I Clean The Woven Wire Without Damaging It?
To clean the woven wire without causing damage, follow these steps:
- Dust Off: Begin by gently dusting off any loose debris using a soft-bristle brush.
- Prepare a Mild Soap Solution: Mix a few drops of mild dishwashing soap in warm water.
- Gently Clean: Dip a soft cloth or sponge in the soap solution and gently wipe the woven wire. Do not scrub too hard, as this can damage its delicate structure.
- Rinse: Use clean, cool water to rinse off any soap residue. Ensure that all soap is completely washed off.
- Dry: Pat dry with a soft towel to prevent water spots or stains. Alternatively, you can let it air dry, but ensure it’s laid flat and in a well-ventilated area.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Do not use bleach, abrasives, or any harsh chemicals, as these can damage the stainless steel and reduce its corrosion resistance.
- Routine Maintenance: Regularly dusting and wiping the woven wire will prevent buildup and reduce the need for deep cleaning.
What Are The Primary Applications Of This Fine Mesh?
The fine woven wire, with its delicate structure reminiscent of fabric or silk, has a range of primary applications:
- Filtration: Its precise mesh size makes it ideal for filtering both liquids and gases, particularly in industries where fine particulate removal is essential.
- Ventilation: Used in areas that require air flow while keeping out tiny particles.
- Insect Screens: Its fine structure can effectively prevent even the smallest insects from passing through while allowing airflow.
- Decorative Elements: Its aesthetic appeal and resemblance to fabric make it suitable for decorative facades, partitions, or room dividers.
- Safety Screens: Used in machinery or equipment where protection from fine debris is crucial.
- Electromagnetic Shielding: Acts as a barrier against electromagnetic interference in electronic applications.
- Sieve Elements: For industrial sieving processes where precise particle sizing is necessary.
- Lamination: Incorporated into glass or other materials to achieve a unique textured look while maintaining transparency.
- Aerospace and Automotive: Used in certain aerospace and automotive applications for filtering and ventilation.
- Food & Beverage Industry: For processes that require the sifting or straining of fine ingredients.
- Art and Craft: Due to its fabric-like appearance, it’s used in artistic projects or crafts.
- Acoustic Panels: As a cover for acoustic panels, allowing sound to pass through while providing a decorative touch.
Check out our blog ‘the benefits of using 316 grade stainless steel for food grade applications for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.