Stainless Steel Woven Wire Sieves Mesh
0.039mm hole stainless steel woven wire sieves mesh material in top quality 316 marine grade made from 0.025mm wire. As you can see from the image this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. As a result of the fineness of the wires, you would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
With a mesh count of 400 holes per linear inch, this translates to an impressive 160,000 holes per square inch, ensuring a high degree of accuracy for sifting and filtering tasks. Despite its intricate weave, the wire thickness remains a mere 0.025mm, although intersections where wires meet are thicker. The hole size or aperture stands at 0.039mm, providing a balanced open area of 37%, allowing for optimal airflow and filtration. And, when it comes to customisation, this mesh can easily be resized using standard kitchen scissors or simply torn to the desired size using your fingertips.
Whether you’re working in a professional setting or tackling DIY projects at home, this mesh is your reliable companion for precise sieving and filtering needs. Please note, this mesh is incredibly fine, so will only filter particles smaller than 39 micron.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 400 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 160,000 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.025mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.039mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 37%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
How Do I Clean The Woven Wire Sieves Properly?
To clean the woven wire sieves properly, follow these steps:
- Initial Rinsing: Begin by rinsing the sieve under cool running water. This will help dislodge any larger particles or debris stuck in the mesh. Using a soft brush, gently scrub the surface to remove finer particles without damaging the wires.
- Soaking: If the sieve has been exposed to sticky or oily substances, soak it in a solution of warm water and mild dish soap for about 10-15 minutes. This will help break down and dissolve any residues.
- Gentle Scrubbing: After soaking, use a soft brush or cloth to gently scrub both sides of the mesh. Ensure you move the brush in a circular motion, paying attention to the corners and edges where particles might be trapped.
- Rinsing: Thoroughly rinse the sieve under cool running water until all the soap is washed away. Ensure the water runs clear, indicating that the mesh is free of residues.
- Drying: Shake off excess water and allow the sieve to air-dry completely. To expedite the drying process, you can also pat it dry with a soft, lint-free cloth. Ensure the sieve is completely dry before storing to prevent any potential rust or corrosion, especially if it’s stored in an enclosed space.
- Storage: Store your clean sieve in a dry place, away from direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
How Do The 400 Holes Per Linear Inch Affect The Sieving Quality?
Woven wire sieves with 400 holes per linear inch have a profound impact on sieving quality. Because of the increased density of holes, only the smallest particles can pass through, effectively separating larger debris or particles. This makes the sieve particularly adept at handling tasks that require precision. As a result of such a high hole count, the results are guaranteed to be consistent. The sieve’s standardised size ensures uniform particle separation every time it is used. As a final benefit, this density enhances accuracy. Professionals require the reliability of a mesh with 400 holes per linear inch, especially in laboratory settings or for culinary applications.
What Can This Mesh Sieve Through?
With the woven wire sieves having 400 holes per linear inch, a wire thickness of 0.025mm, and a hole size or aperture of 0.039mm, they can filter through a variety of substances. Here’s what this mesh is capable of sieving:
- Fine Powders: This includes substances like flour, talcum powder, and certain powdered chemicals or pharmaceuticals.
- Liquids with Particulate Matter: For example, when clarifying broths, juices, or other liquids to remove fine sediments.
- Aerosol Samples: In environmental monitoring or laboratory settings, such sieves can help in filtering out specific particulate sizes from air samples.
- Soil Samples: For granulometry tests in geology or civil engineering where the distribution of particle sizes needs to be analyzed.
- Small Organisms: In marine biology or environmental studies, filtering small plankton or other microorganisms from water samples.
- Micro-bead or Particle Solutions: In cosmetics or chemical industries where uniform particle size distribution is essential.
- Inks and Paints: To remove clumps or undissolved solids ensuring a smooth application.
- Slurries: In various industries, to separate out solid particulates from a liquid base.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.