Stainless Steel Fine Mesh Sheet
0.066mm hole stainless steel fine mesh sheet in top quality 304 grade made from 0.025mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. You would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
The Mesh Company is one of the leading suppliers of stainless steel wire mesh in the United Kingdom. Additionally, in addition to stocking only the best products, we provide the most helpful customer service by providing bespoke cutting and fast shipping.
We are the best suppliers for your needs because:
- FREE UK delivery on all orders
- Orders dispatched within 24 hours of order
- Located in Warrington, UK which is the UK home of mesh and metals
- Our experienced staff are experts in the mesh market and care personally about your customer experience
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
What Can I Do With This Metal?
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of woven stainless steel mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Good. You could bend this mesh by hand and it would retain its shape
- Corrosion Resistance – Very good. 304 grade stainless steel offers good resistance to many corrosive elements, however 316 is preferable for marine and aquatic applications
- Heat Resistance – Good. 304 grade stainless steel offers a good level of resistance to heat
- Machinability – Good. Mild steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding, but stainless steel can also offer good results
- Welding – Very good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
- Painting – Poor. We suggest that a mild steel product is used when a layer of paint needs to be applied. Galvanised and stainless steel will not take paint
Below are the specifications of this stainless steel fine mesh sheet:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 280
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch =78,400
- Wire Thickness = 0.025mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.066mm
- Open Area % = 52%
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
You will find this mesh roll to be of interest if you require very strong product for a filtration application. The stainless steel mesh on a roll is used to make this heavy duty mesh is 304 grade, which provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Due to the thick wire diameter of this 0.066m hole wire mesh would not be suitable for use as insect mesh or rodent screening.
Plain weave is the main type of stainless steel fine mesh sheet offered by The Mesh Company. This mesh is produced by crossing each warp wire alternately above and below every weft wire and vice versa. Warp and weft wires are normally of the same diameter.
Most commercial applications and filtration systems requiring high flow rates use this type of mesh.
We suggest that you look into the products in our welded mesh section if you require a mesh product where the wires are fixed in place. Welded mesh is commonly available in galvanised steel, but we also offer stainless steel.
SS304 is a non-magnetic stainless steel grade. Magnets will not stick to this grade of metal. In industry, this is the most common stainless steel grade. A huge variety of applications are possible with this product.
SS304 also has outstanding forming and welding characteristics.
This grade of stainless steel is austenitic. This means that when it is cool the iron element remains in the form of austenite (gamma iron). This is a phase of iron that is nonmagnetic.
Above all, 304 grade stainless steel is long lasting in almost all environments. For instance, this mesh would last for upwards of 20 years if used for standard internal applications.
You will find the range of mesh panel sizes available here offer a wide range of options, that have been designed to suit most requirements. Please be advised that the majority of woven mesh is usually available in a maximum roll size of 30 metres by 1200mm. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – email@example.com.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
There are no reviews yet.