Stainless Steel Perforated Metal Mesh Panels
5mm stainless steel perforated metal mesh panels is produced by punching flat plate with a specific pattern. This is driven by the customer’s requirement for the metal for cosmetic or application purposes.
Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh. Ventilation and filtration are the main uses for this mesh type.
Here is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this sheet metal:
- Bending & Forming – Fair. It is possible to bend this metal with basic tools but not by hand as the thickness of the sheet is too great. As a rule of thumb, the thicker the sheet the harder it is to bend
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent. Stainless steel is ideal if you require high resistance to corrosion. You should use SS316 grade if you require the mesh to be used for a marine or food based application
- Heat Resistance – Good. 304 grade stainless steel perforated mesh is recommended if you require high resistance to corrosion
- Machining, Drilling & Grinding: Good. Stainless steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding
- Welding – Very good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
The specifications of this 5mm stainless steel perforated metal are as follows:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 5mm round hole
- Pitch – 8mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 2mm thick flat sheet
This type of perforated steel has round holes punched in a triangular pattern. You will also find square and various other shapes through the Perforated Metal section of our store.
Round holed stainless steel and aluminium mesh are suitable for a large range of purposes. We have set a wide range of sheet sizes through this listing that should cover most requirements.
All of our perforated metal is available in a maximum of 2000 x 1000mm sheet size upon request. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
304 Stainless Steel
304 stainless steel alloy is the industry standard form of stainless steel because is has excellent mechanical properties and equally importantly it provides great resistance to various corrosive agents.
This grade of stainless steel is austenitic. This means that when it is cool the iron element remains in the form of austenite (gamma iron). This is a phase of iron that is nonmagnetic.
Above all, 304 grade stainless steel is long lasting in almost all environments. For instance, this mesh would last for upwards of 20 years if used for standard internal applications.
Perforated Metal Uses
Our customers have used perforated metals for the following applications:
- Airbrick vent coverings for rodent control and airflow
- Air conditioning guards
- Bridge and balustrade construction
- Various structural steel works
- Automotive repair
- Various DIY and basic engineering applications