Stainless Steel Metal Perforated Panel
SS304 perforated panel is produced by punching flat sheet metal with a specific round pattern. This is driven by the customer’s requirement for the metal for cosmetic or application purposes.
Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. It is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh, purely because the holes are punched out of sheet metal. Ventilation and filtration are the main uses for this mesh type. Perforated steel sheet provides an extremely solid, top quality mesh network.
Here is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this sheet metal:
- Bending & Forming – Fair. It is possible to bend this metal with basic tools but not by hand as the thickness of the sheet is too great. As a rule of thumb, the thicker the sheet the harder it is to bend
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent. Stainless steel is ideal if you require high resistance to corrosion. You should use SS316 grade if you require the mesh to be used for a marine or food based application
- Heat Resistance – Good. 304 grade stainless steel perforated mesh is recommended if you require high resistance to corrosion
- Machining, Drilling & Grinding: Good. Stainless steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding
- Welding – Very good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
The specifications of this perforated panel mesh sheet are as follows:
- Type – Round Hole Staggered Pitch
- Perforation – R5 T8
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 5mm round hole
- Pitch – 8mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole.
- Thickness – 1.5mm thick flat sheet
This type of perforated metal sheet has round holes punched in a triangular pattern. You will find square perforated metal and various other shapes elsewhere in our store.
Round holed steel and aluminium mesh are suitable for a large range of purposes. We have set a wide range of sheet sizes through this listing that should cover most requirements.
All of our decorative mesh is available in a maximum of 2000 x 1000mm sheet size upon request. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
304 Stainless Steel
304 stainless steel alloy is the industry standard form of stainless steel because is has excellent mechanical properties and equally importantly it provides great resistance to various corrosive agents.
This grade of stainless steel is austenitic. This means that when it is cool the iron element remains in the form of austenite (gamma iron). This is a phase of iron that is nonmagnetic.
Above all, 304 grade stainless steel is long lasting in almost all environments. For instance, this mesh would last for upwards of 20 years if used for standard internal applications.
About The Mesh Company
In 2008 Locker Wire Weavers launched The Mesh Company to bring our enormous range of wire mesh products to the general public for the first time. Previously wire mesh was only available for trade customers.
We continue to extend our range, and now proudly offer many forms of mesh and metal products for the best possible prices. We specialise in woven wire mesh. As a group we work closely with architects and designers to develop ground-breaking new applications for our multifunctional range of materials. We also offer state of the art fabrication and engineering for projects of all sizes.
Strong ties with the Warrington community continue to be at the very core of our business. We are proud to invest in the training and developing our staff of all levels in line with the traditions set by Thomas Locker, who founded our group 150 years ago when he invented the electronic loom. We continue to bring ingenuity and strong ethics to our day to day business.
The Mesh Company continues Warrington’s historic role in the wire industry. For more than 140 years, our group has been a leader in the supply and manufacture of woven wire mesh and wire cloth. Having been founded in Warrington, UK in 1878, Locker mesh products still retain the quality craftsmanship and spirit of innovation that were so characteristic then.
Perforated Metal Uses
Our customers have used perforated metals for the following applications:
- Airbrick vent coverings for rodent control and airflow
- Air conditioning guards
- Bridge and balustrade construction
- Various structural steel works
- Automotive repair
- Various DIY and basic engineering applications