4.5mm Hexagonal Mild Steel Perforated Metal
4.5mm hexagonal mild steel perforated metal is produced by punching flat sheet metal with a specific hexagonal pattern. This is driven by the customer’s requirement for the metal for cosmetic or application purposes.
4.5mm perforated steel metal mesh is a popular choice among construction professionals due to its versatility and strength in high-strength applications
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 4.5mm hexagonal hole
- Pitch – 5mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1mm thick flat sheet
- Pattern – Hexagonal
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
How Do You Cut Perforated Steel?
Perforated metal can be cut using a variety of tools and techniques, depending on the thickness and type of metal being used. Here are some common methods for cutting perforated metal:
- Shearing: This is a common method for cutting thin-gauge perforated metal sheets. A shearing machine is used to cut straight lines through the metal sheet. This method is fast and efficient but is not suitable for cutting complex shapes.
- Laser cutting: This method uses a high-powered laser beam to cut through the metal sheet. It is ideal for cutting complex shapes and can be used on a variety of metal thicknesses.
- Plasma cutting: Plasma cutting uses a high-temperature plasma arc to cut through the metal sheet. This method is ideal for cutting thicker metal sheets.
- Waterjet cutting: Waterjet cutting uses a high-pressure stream of water mixed with abrasive particles to cut through the metal sheet. It is ideal for cutting complex shapes and can be used on a variety of metal thicknesses.
What Does Hexagonal Metal Mesh Look Like?
Hexagonal perforated metal is a type of sheet metal that has a pattern of hexagon-shaped holes punched into it. The holes are evenly spaced and sized, and the edges of the hexagons are typically raised or embossed, giving the sheet a three-dimensional texture.
The overall appearance of the sheet is similar to a honeycomb or beehive pattern. The size and spacing of the hexagons can vary, depending on the specific application and desired aesthetic. Hexagonal perforated metal can be made from a variety of materials, including steel, aluminium, and stainless steel, and is commonly used in architectural, industrial, and decorative applications.
What Is Mild Steel Perforated Sheet Metal Used For?
Mild steel perforated sheet metal is a popular choice for many applications due to its durability and affordability. The perforation process allows for the creation of a wide range of patterns, hole sizes, and shapes, making it suitable for various uses.
Some common applications for mild steel perforated sheet metal include:
- Grilles and ventilation: Mild steel perforated sheet metal can be used to create grilles for HVAC systems and ventilation systems. It allows for the flow of air while keeping out unwanted debris.
- Screening and sorting: The versatility of mild steel perforated sheet metal allows for its use in screening and sorting materials such as grains, rocks, and other aggregates.
- Architectural applications: Mild steel perforated sheet metal can be used for decorative purposes in architectural design, including facade cladding, sun shading, and interior partitions.
- Automotive and transportation: Perforated mild steel sheets are used to manufacture automobile components like brake rotors and gas filters. They are also used in the transportation industry to manufacture components for trains, buses, and ships.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about steel hexagonal metal sheet’ for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.