Green Chicken Wire Mesh
The Mesh Company green chicken wire is manufactured from galvanised steel wire that is then coated with PVC. Green PVC mesh is especially pleasing to the eye and more subtle in outdoor environments than the galvanised steel equivalent. Having the coating will extend the product’s lifespan and make it safer than a standard galvanised mesh for use around animals.
- Offers great corrosion and rust resistance
- Long life span & durable in all conditions
- Green mesh blends in perfectly in outdoor environments
- Easy to unroll & cut
Traditionally a woven mesh manufacturer, we ventured into offering green netting in 2020. We have many years of established trade with the best quality mesh manufacturing facilities. This great product meets all of our stringent standard requirements.
Orders are picked and fulfilled by our amazing team at our Warrington factory within hours of order placement.
Does Fencing Mesh Deter Predators?
It does offer deterrent, however it all depends on how it is applied. Many predators are digging animals, so make sure to run the mesh around the outer areas of your coop and then bury with dirt. We also used a heavy duty welded mesh below the surface on our test project ‘Cluckingham Palace’ to be extra secure.
PVC plastic mesh is ideal for fences or crop protection where blending in is a necessity, such as a garden or with a hedge. Garden netting can keep rabbits and other animals out as well, so it makes for a great netting for fruit cages.
Just like the galvanised chicken wire mesh, our Green PVC plastic fencing is also constructed in a hexagonal shape for maximum strength.
Core Material – Galvanised steel
Finish – Steel wire core with Green PVC Coating
- Unroll the fence. Weigh the mesh down weighing down to make this easier. We use heavy solid bar at the end of the roll, and also ideally at the point where the mesh is unrolled too. Chicken wire is springy as it is thick and malleable.
- Employ a good quality pair of tin snips or scissors to cut to the desired length . Always wear protective gloves. This mesh can be sharp at the point of the cuts. Avoid sharp edges by folding a couple of centimetres of the netting over either side.
- Use a staple gun to secure your chicken wire to fence posts or around the perimeter of the coop as required.
Green Chicken Netting
Chicken wire netting is constructed in a distinctive yet effective hexagonal pattern to have a strong, reinforced frame. At the same time it is also long lasting and can be easily manipulated into the format you want it.
The hexagonal mesh shape also means it can prevent larger garden animals such as chickens, rabbits and cats from getting through certain gaps or areas that require protection or are out of bounds. Please note that this mesh is not welded mesh, which we also sell in galvanised steel through our welded mesh section.
After conducting strenuous market research we decided to specialise in shorter length rolls. The result of this is that our green plastic chicken netting rolls are easier on the pocket and leave our customers will less left over netting once their project is completed. We offer a wide range of options for mesh specifications and roll dimensions. Here are the options that we have available for this wire fencing product:
- The standard hole sizes are 13mm x 13mm, 25mm x 25mm and 50mm x 50mm
- Our standard roll lengths are 5 metres (16.5ft) and 10 metres (33ft)
- Our standard roll widths are 600mm (2ft), 900mm (3ft) and 1200mm (4ft)
The green PVC coating gives extra protection and reinforcement for even more longer lasting use; but mainly it is brilliant for camouflage. This is available through our chicken wire section in various hole sizes.
We also carry stocks of larger rolls to cover large areas. Contact us if this is what you require – email@example.com
Customers are advised that the life expectancy of galvanised wire netting is determined by the amount of wear and tear it is subjected to and the environment in which it is used. As a rule we advise that metal mesh should last 10 years in the right circumstances.
- Chicken coops
- Chicken runs
- Pet fencing
- Deer control fencing
- Garden fencing
- Crop protection
- Tree guards
- Chicken sheds
- Animal houses
- Rodent deterrent
- Plastering and rendering support
- Insulation support between joists
- Outdoor floor grip/anti-slip wire
We recently published a detailed guide on how to build a chicken coop using chicken wire which will tell you everything that you need to know to be able build your own home for your chickens.
Check out our article everything that you need to know about green chicken mesh for more information about this specific product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
There are no reviews yet.