Galvanised Steel Perforated Metal Mesh Grid Panel
Galvanised steel perforated metal mesh grid panel is produced by punching flat galvanised plate with a specific round pattern. The customer’s requirement for metal for cosmetic or application purposes drives this decision.
Galvanised steel perforated metal is a top-quality product that is available in many sizes. This metal mesh grid panel is perfect for a variety of applications, including industrial and architectural projects. The 8mm round hole and 12mm pitch make it a versatile choice, while the 1.5mm hole adds durability and strength.
As a Warrington-based supplier, we take pride in offering only the highest-quality products to our customers. From small DIY projects to large-scale construction jobs, our galvanised steel perforated metal is the perfect choice for any application. So why wait? Contact us today to learn more about our many sheet sizes and place your order!
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 8mm round hole
- Pitch – 12mm. You can measure the pitch from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1.5mm thick flat sheet
- Pattern – Triangular
Sheets with perforations are commonly used to allow air to pass through. Ventilation and filtration are the main uses for this mesh type. Rodent proofing is another use for perforated sheeting.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of hexagonal hole galvanised metal sheet options from immediate stock.
In order to produce galvanised steel hexagonal perforated metal mesh sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with a hexagonal hole. Perforated sheetin application is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
What Is A Metal Mesh Grid Panel?
In this case we are referring to perforated sheet metal.
Perforated metal is a type of sheet metal that has a pattern of holes or perforations punched into it. These holes can be round, square, rectangular, or any other shape, and can be arranged in a variety of patterns, such as staggered, straight, or diagonal.#
What Is Galvanised Steel?
Made from mild steel that has been hot-dip galvanized for protection against the elements. Hot-dip galvanized mild steel for protection against the elements. Coated in zinc to make it more hardwearing, galvanised perforated sheet is perfect for use in outdoor conditions. This EN ISO 1461 protective coat ensures the mild steel is guarded against corrosion, which makes it an ideal component in gates, fences, outdoor furniture, balustrade inserts and shelving.
The perforated galvanised steel sheet has a pattern of round holes that can be varied based on metal thickness, hole size, and pitch (distance between holes).
Perforated steel sheet is commonly used by architects and designers as they are able to play with light, sound, and visual depth using the patterned sheet.
It is important to note that ‘Galvanised Steel’ and ‘Galvanized Steel’ refer to the same finish.
Can This Mesh Rust?
Galvanised steel has excellent corrosion resistance, but over time and with exposure to harsh environmental conditions, the zinc coating can wear away, exposing the underlying steel to the elements.
In this instance, the galvanized steel perforated metal can eventually rust. The speed at which rust forms will depend on the severity of the exposure to moisture, salt, and other corrosive substances. Regular maintenance, such as cleaning and recoating with a zinc-rich paint, can help to prolong the lifespan of galvanized steel perforated metal and prevent rusting.
How Do I Bend A Metal Mesh Grid Panel?
We use an in house press brake to bend metal panels to order. If you do not have an industrial facility available to you then bending perforated metal mesh can be a bit challenging, especially if you want to maintain the integrity of the pattern of perforations.
- Secure the perforated metal mesh in place using clamps or a vice. Be sure to protect the metal surface with soft jaws or padding to prevent damage. You can easily scratch this metal.
- Score the metal along the line where you want to make the bend. Use a metal scribe or a sharp knife to make a shallow cut along the line.
- Use a metal brake or a bending tool to make the bend. You can also use a piece of tubing or pipe to bend the metal by hand. Place the scored line over the edge of the bending tool, and slowly bend the metal to the desired angle. Be sure to apply even pressure along the entire length of the bend to avoid damaging the perforations.
- If you need to make multiple bends, repeat the scoring and bending process for each bend.
- After bending, inspect the perforated metal mesh carefully to ensure that the pattern of perforations is still intact and that the metal has not cracked or warped. It is easily to distort the perforations, so be careful.
Check out our blog about galvanised steel perforated metal mesh for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.