Galvanised Steel Hexagonal Perforated Mesh
Galvanised steel hexagonal perforated mesh is produced by punching flat galvanised plate with a specific pattern. The customer’s requirement for metal for cosmetic or application purposes drives this decision.
The hexagonal perforated mesh is a functional and robust product designed for a variety of applications. Made from galvanised steel, it offers longevity and resistance against corrosion. The mesh features a distinctive hexagonal hole pattern with each hole measuring 11mm from metal to metal. This aperture size ensures a balanced combination of visibility and protection, making it versatile for many uses. The pitch of the mesh, which is 14mm, denotes the distance from the start of one hexagonal hole to the next. This spacing includes the hole itself plus the gap between holes, ensuring consistent distribution across the entire sheet. With a thickness of 1mm, the flat sheet offers a blend of sturdiness and adaptability. The sheet starts at this thickness and is then punched to achieve the hexagonal pattern, providing it with structural integrity. This mesh is well-suited for applications like ventilation, shielding, decoration, or any task requiring a blend of airflow and protection. The galvanised finish further extends its lifespan and makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor applications. Whether you’re looking for an industrial solution or a design element, the hexagonal perforated mesh delivers reliable performance.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 11mm hexagonal hole. This is the hole size from metal to metal
- Pitch – 14mm. You can measure the pitch from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1mm thick flat sheet. The starting thickness of the sheet when punched
- Pattern – Hexagonal
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of galvanised perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. Galvanised steel perforated sheet is produced through a process known as punching. The process begins with a flat sheet of galvanised steel, which is then fed into a machine called a perforator. The perforator uses a punch and die set to punch out holes in the steel sheet. The size and shape of the holes can be customised to meet specific requirements, such as hole diameter, spacing, and pattern.
FAQs For This Product
Is The Hexagonal Perforated Mesh Rust-Resistant?
Yes, the hexagonal perforated mesh is rust-resistant, primarily due to its galvanised finish. The galvanising process prevents rust and corrosion by coating steel with zinc. Zinc acts as a barrier, preventing steel from rusting due to moisture and other environmental factors. The mesh is therefore suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications, offering longevity and durability even in moisture-prone environments. As with all galvanised products, it’s important to periodically inspect for signs of wear or damage to ensure the protective coating remains intact. By maintaining the mesh regularly, you can extend its lifespan and maintain its rust-resistant properties.
Can The Mesh Be Used As A Protective Barrier?
Yes, the galvanised steel hexagonal hole perforated metal mesh can be utilised as a protective barrier. As a result of the galvanised finish on the steel, the mesh is robust and corrosion-resistant, making it suitable for extended outdoor and indoor use. With hexagonal perforations, visibility, airflow, and protection are all balanced. Due to its thickness, this product is capable of resisting physical impacts and deterring unauthorised access.
Mesh can be used in a variety of settings for protection or a barrier, including machinery guards, security partitions, fencing, and enclosures to prevent trespassing. Featuring a uniform hexagonal pattern, its galvanised finish further enhances its durability and resilience.
Are There Other Options Of Hexagonal Mesh?
Yes, we offer a hexagonal hole perforated metal in mild steel.
Also, chicken wire, commonly known in some places as poultry netting or hex netting, is a type of hexagonal hole mesh. Made by twisting thin gauge steel wires together, this mesh has a distinctive hexagonal pattern. A chicken wire enclosure serves primarily as a protection against predators and a way to prevent chickens and other poultry from wandering off, as its name suggests.
The hexagonal design of chicken wire provides several advantages. The wire is flexible; it can be bent and molded to fit around irregular structures or to form shapes. Because of its adaptability, it is ideal for creating pens, cages, and protective barriers. Secondly, the hexagonal pattern provides a balance between strength and material usage. In addition to offering enough resistance against potential threats like foxes or raccoons, it is also economical in terms of wire use.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about steel hexagonal metal sheet’ for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.