Grey Fibreglass Cladding Insect Mesh
This top quality European made cladding insect mesh also provides excellent netting for insect vents. This is ideally used to block air-bricks, soffit vents etc for insect deterrent. This mesh is light but it does prevent birds and insects from gaining entry into holes, nooks and crannies. The most common use for this light mesh is as a door or window screen fly mesh.
A 150mm grey fibreglass insect mesh roll is a product used to keep insects out while allowing air flow and visibility. The mesh is made of fibreglass, a strong and durable material that is resistant to tearing and damage from the elements. It is rolled into a convenient format for easy installation in windows, doors, and other openings. The mesh size of 1.13 x 1.31mm refers to the size of the mesh holes, which should be small enough to prevent most insects from passing through. The colour grey is a neutral colour that can blend in with a variety of home exteriors and interiors and won’t show up dirt easily. The mesh roll can be cut to size for a custom fit, making it a versatile solution for insect protection.
- Colour – Grey (natural)
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 18 x 16 (rectangular)
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.13 x 1.31mm
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Black and white fibreglass rolls are also available, if you prefer to use those colours however grey fibreglass is an ideal colour to use especially for vent mesh as it doesn’t show dirt up as easily as white fibreglass.
FAQs For This Product
What Is Insect Mesh Fly Screen?
Insect mesh or fly screen refers to a type of mesh or screening material used to keep flying insects, such as flies and mosquitoes, out of indoor and outdoor spaces. The mesh is usually made of fiberglass or another strong and durable material that can withstand the elements and provide a barrier against flying insects. Insect mesh is often used in windows, doors, and other openings to provide a physical barrier that prevents insects from entering a space. The mesh is available in various colours and sizes, and can be cut using scissors to fit specific openings for a custom fit. Insect mesh is a cost-effective and low-maintenance solution for preventing insects from entering indoor and outdoor spaces, providing protection and comfort for homeowners and others.
Can Insect Meshing Be Used On UPVC Soffits?
Yes, insect mesh can be used on UPVC (unplasticised polyvinyl chloride) soffits. UPVC is a popular material for soffits due to its durability, low maintenance, and resistance to weathering. Insect mesh can be installed on the underside of the soffit to prevent insects and other pests from entering the space above. The mesh should be tightly attached to the UPVC surface to ensure a secure and effective barrier against insects. Some common methods for attaching insect mesh to UPVC soffits include using adhesive tape, snap-on covers, or specialized clips. Insect mesh can be an effective solution for preventing insect infestations in UPVC soffits, providing protection and peace of mind for homeowners and others.
Fibreglass vs Aluminium Insect Mesh
Grey fiberglass and aluminium soffit mesh are two commonly used materials for soffit screening, each with its own unique advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Grey Fiberglass Soffit Mesh:
- Durable: Fiberglass is a strong and flexible material that is resistant to tears, punctures, and other forms of damage.
- Weather-resistant: Fiberglass is resistant to moisture, UV light, and other weather-related factors, making it a suitable material for outdoor use.
- Cost-effective: Fiberglass is generally less expensive than aluminium, making it a more budget-friendly option for soffit screening.
Advantages of Aluminium Soffit Mesh:
- Lightweight: Aluminium is much lighter than fiberglass, making it easier to handle and install.
- Rust-resistant: Aluminium does not rust or corrode, making it a suitable material for use in areas with high humidity or frequent exposure to moisture.
- Low Maintenance: It is a low-maintenance material that does not require regular cleaning or treatment to maintain its appearance.
Ultimately, the choice between grey fiberglass and aluminium soffit mesh will depend on individual needs and preferences. Both materials can be effective for preventing insects and other pests from entering the space above the soffit whilst still allowing air to pass through, and they both offer their own unique benefits and disadvantages.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about fibreglass insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.