Grey Fibreglass Insect Mesh Roll For Soffit Vents
This top quality European made insect mesh provides excellent netting for soffit vents. This mesh is ideally used to block air-bricks, soffit vents etc for insect deterrent. This mesh is light but it does prevent birds and insects from gaining entry into holes, nooks and crannies. The most common use for this light mesh is as a door or window screen fly mesh.
Grey fibreglass insect mesh soffit rolls are rolls of grey coloured fibreglass mesh used as a screening material to prevent insects from entering the soffit (underside) of a building. The fibreglass material is durable, lightweight, and resistant to weathering, making it a popular choice for outdoor use. The mesh is available in rolls and can be cut to size using scissors and fit the specific needs of a building’s soffit area.
Soffit vents are used to allow air to circulate through the attic or roof space of a building, and fibreglass insect mesh can be used to screen the openings to prevent insects from entering while still allowing air to flow through. However, it’s important to ensure that the mesh does not restrict the airflow too much, as this can lead to damp and condensation problems in the attic or roof space.
- Colour – Grey (natural)
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 18 x 16 (rectangular)
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.13 x 1.31mm
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Stainless steel, aluminium materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blogs for specific information on all of our various options.
Black and white fibreglass rolls are also available, if you prefer to use those colours. Grey is an idea colour to use especially if you’re using it as a vent mesh, this is because it doesn’t show up dirt as much as white fibreglass would.
FAQs For This Product
Does Fibreglass Insect Mesh Work Well Behind Airbricks?
Yes, fibreglass insect mesh can be used to block an airbrick. Airbricks are designed to provide ventilation to the cavities and subfloor spaces of a building, and fibreglass insect mesh can be used to cover them to prevent insects from entering while still allowing air to circulate through. However, it’s important to note that blocking or reducing the airflow in these spaces can result in damp and condensation problems, so it’s essential to consult with a building professional before making any changes to your airbrick vents.
Is Fibreglass Mesh Strong?
Fibreglass insect mesh is a relatively strong material. The strength of fibreglass insect mesh depends on the thickness and quality of the fibreglass fibres used, but in general, it is a durable and long-lasting material that can withstand exposure to the elements and physical stress. The mesh is also resistant to corrosion, making it a suitable material for outdoor use. However, it’s important to note that the strength of fibreglass insect mesh can be reduced over time by exposure to UV light, heat, and moisture, so it’s essential to select a high-quality mesh and to replace it if it becomes damaged.
Fibreglass insect mesh specifically is light, and has the feel of a fabric. It is designed as a screening material for indoor use ideally.
How Do I Fit Soffit Mesh?
Here is a general guide to fit soffit mesh:
- Measure the size of the soffit area: Measure the length and width of the soffit area that needs to be covered and determine the number of mesh panels required.
- Cut the mesh to size: Use scissors or a utility knife to cut the mesh panels to the size you need.
- Attach the mesh to the soffit: Secure the mesh panels to the soffit using a staple gun or adhesive.
- Seal the edges: Use silicone sealant to seal the edges of the mesh panels and prevent insects from entering through the gaps.
- Repeat the process: Repeat the process for each panel until the entire soffit area is covered.
Will This Block Mosquitoes?
A 1mm hole size in insect mesh may provide some protection against mosquitoes, but it may not be completely effective. Mosquitoes can be quite small and may be able to pass through holes of this size. To provide better protection against mosquitoes, it is recommended to use mesh with smaller holes or to choose an alternative control method, such as using mosquito nets or insect repellent. It is also important to remove standing water and other potential breeding sites for mosquitoes, as this can help to reduce the mosquito population in the area.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about fibreglass insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
There are no reviews yet.