2.5mm Galvanised Tensioning Line Wire
Our galvanised tension line wire is the perfect solution for your needs. It features a 2.5mm diameter and galvanising coating, ensuring its longevity in outdoor conditions. It is frequently used to create sturdy chicken wire mesh enclosures or sheepwire walls, making it a versatile and dependable material that can be used across multiple applications.
What’s more, galvanised steel provides your structures with even greater resistance against rusting compared to regular steel mesh.
- Wire Type – Galvanised Steel
- Wire Thickness – 2.5mm
- Coil Weight – 10g (10,000g)
- Wire Length – 260 Metres
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Garden Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of garden wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Wire fencing, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
FAQs For This Product
What Type Of Fittings Or Connectors Are Recommended For Use With This Wire?
Here are some common fittings and connectors that are often used with this type of wire:
- Wire rope clips: These are used to make a loop in the wire and hold it in place.
- Turnbuckles: These are used to adjust the tension in the wire by rotating the body of the turnbuckle, which lengthens or shortens the wire.
- Eye bolts: These are used to provide a secure anchor point for the wire.
- Thimbles: These are used to protect the wire from abrasion and wear at the point where it turns around a corner or goes through a loop.
- Swage sleeves: These are used to create a permanent connection between the wire and the fitting by compressing the sleeve onto the wire.
Is Galvanised Steel Line Wire Suitable For Coastal Conditions?
Galvanised steel line wire can be suitable for use in coastal conditions, but it depends on the level of corrosion resistance needed for the specific application.
Galvanizing is a process of coating steel with a layer of zinc to protect it from corrosion. Zinc provides a sacrificial layer that corrodes before the underlying steel, thereby protecting the steel from rust and other forms of corrosion. However, the rate of corrosion depends on a number of factors such as the amount of exposure to saltwater, humidity, and other environmental factors.
In coastal environments, there is a higher risk of corrosion due to the presence of saltwater, humidity, and other corrosive elements. Therefore, it is important to choose a galvanised steel line wire with a high level of corrosion resistance for coastal conditions.
Is It Resistant To Corrosion?
Galvanised steel line wire is resistant to corrosion, but the degree of resistance depends on several factors, including the thickness of the zinc coating, the environment, and the level of exposure to corrosive elements.
Galvanizing is a process in which a layer of zinc is applied to the steel wire to protect it from corrosion. Zinc is highly resistant to corrosion and acts as a sacrificial layer that corrodes before the underlying steel. The thicker the zinc coating, the greater the protection provided to the steel wire.
However, exposure to certain environments, such as high humidity, salty air, and corrosive chemicals, can accelerate the corrosion of galvanised steel wire. Over time, the zinc coating may deteriorate, and the underlying steel wire may begin to corrode.
What Is The Tensile Strength?
The tensile strength of 2.5mm galvanised tension line wire can vary depending on the specific product and manufacturer. However, as a general guideline, galvanised steel wire of this size typically has a minimum tensile strength of 1600 N/mm² (newtons per square millimetre) or 160 kgf/mm² (kilograms-force per square millimetre).
It is important to note that the tensile strength can also depend on other factors, such as the grade of steel used, the manufacturing process, and the level of quality control. Additionally, the actual strength of the wire may be lower than the specified minimum due to variations in the manufacturing process and other factors.
Check out our blog introducing galvanised tension line wire for more information on this product.
We recently published a detailed guide on how to build a chicken coop using chicken wire which will tell you everything that you need to know to be able build your own home for your chickens.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.