Wire Mesh For Chickens
Galvanised steel wire mesh for chickens are the most popular type of garden mesh. We keep our stock volumes high, meaning that it is available for immediate dispatch off the shelf.
Galvanised wire mesh is used the world over as garden netting due to it’s economical price, light-weight but long-lasting properties and it’s versatility.
This mesh has a hexagonal shaped hole, which will prevent birds from entering and damaging vegetable patch crops including fruit bushes, salads and newly planted seedlings.
All of our mesh netting is simple to use. We suggest that you use u-nails to attach to the timber fencing posts that you make up fruit and veg cages. This hexagonal wire mesh is produced with hot dipped galvanised steel. Galvanising the steel protects the steel metal from rusting and increases the life of the roll for outdoor use.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of chicken wire mesh products. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. As alternatives to this product we also offer green PVC chicken wire, wire fencing mesh and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Garden Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of garden wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Wire fencing, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
FAQs For This Product
What Are The Available Roll Sizes?
We offer a wide range of options for mesh specifications and roll dimensions. Here are the options that we have available for this wire fencing product:
- Our standard roll lengths are 5 metres (16.5ft) and 10 metres (33ft)
- Our standard roll widths are 600mm (2ft), 900mm (3ft) and 1200mm (4ft)
Why Choose Galvanised Steel Chicken Wire?
Galvanised wire mesh for chickens is often the top choice for many individuals and organisations for several reasons:
- Durability: Galvanised steel chicken wire is extremely durable. It’s made to withstand all types of weather conditions, making it an excellent choice for outdoor enclosures. The galvanisation process coats the steel with a layer of zinc, making it resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Long-lasting: Because of its durability, galvanised steel chicken wire tends to have a longer lifespan compared to other types of chicken wire. This can lead to cost savings over time, as it may not need to be replaced as frequently.
- Protection: The sturdiness of galvanised steel can provide better protection for your chickens. It’s tougher for predators to tear through, keeping your chickens safer from harm.
- Versatility: This type of wire is not only useful for creating chicken coops but also has many other uses. It can be used for garden fencing, small animal enclosures, crafting, and more.
- Cost-Effective: While the upfront cost may be higher than other materials, the long lifespan and low maintenance requirements make galvanised steel chicken wire a cost-effective choice in the long run.
- Easy to Work With: Galvanised steel chicken wire is often easy to cut and shape, making it ideal for DIY projects.
It’s essential to assess your specific needs before making a choice, but these are some of the reasons why many people choose galvanised steel chicken wire.
How Long Should Galvanised Steel Last?
With proper care and under normal conditions, you can expect this high-grade galvanised steel chicken wire to last for around 10-15 years, maybe even longer. This long lifespan is largely thanks to the galvanisation process which provides a protective zinc coating that significantly improves the wire’s resistance to rust and corrosion. Its durability makes it a cost-effective choice, as it stands up to weather conditions and provides a robust barrier against predators for many years.
How Do I Cut Chicken Wire?
It is important to keep safety in mind when cutting galvanised steel chicken wire. It is recommended that you wear safety glasses to protect your eyes from any wire fragments that might fly off during the process, along with gloves to protect your hands from the sharp edges of the wire. The chicken wire should be measured to your desired dimensions, adding a few inches extra to account for any possible errors, once you have ensured that you are properly protected. Make sure that the cutting lines are clearly delineated by using a permanent marker.
With your safety equipment in place and your wire marked, use wire cutters or tin snips to cut the chicken wire. It is important to cut the wire slowly to ensure accuracy and maintain control over the tool when cutting the wire, so start at one edge and follow the line you have marked. It is possible to use the cut piece for your project after it has been galvanised, providing the durability and long-lasting qualities that galvanised steel is known for.
We recently published a detailed guide on how to build a chicken coop using chicken wire which will tell you everything that you need to know to be able build your own home for your chickens.
Check out our blog galvanised chicken wire for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.