Galvanised Steel Chicken Wire Fence Mesh
31mm galvanised steel chicken wire fence is one of the most popular types of garden mesh. We keep our stock volumes high, meaning that it is available for immediate dispatch off the shelf.
Galvanised chicken wire is used the world over as garden netting due to it’s economical price, light-weight but long-lasting properties and it’s versatility.
This mesh has a 31mm (1 1/4″ inch) hexagonal shaped hole. This will prevent birds from entering and damaging vegetable patch crops including fruit bushes, salads and newly planted seedlings.
All of our mesh netting is simple to use. We suggest that you use u-nails to attach to the timber fencing posts that you make up fruit and veg cages. This hexagonal wire mesh is produced with hot dipped galvanised steel. Galvanising the steel protects the steel metal from rusting and increases the life of the roll for outdoor use.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of chicken wire mesh products. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. As alternatives to this product we also offer green PVC chicken wire, wire fencing mesh and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Garden Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of garden wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Wire fencing, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
FAQs For This Product
How To Build A Chicken Coop Using Chicken Wire Mesh
Ideally, you should provide both a chicken coop and a chicken run to ensure your chickens have a place to sleep and lay eggs comfortably whilst being able to run around, forage and bathe happily.
This all seems like a daunting project to start from scratch, especially for those who have never built one before, however we are here to make it as easy as possible for you.
To this end we recently published an article outlining exactly how to build a chicken coop using chicken wire. This should answer all questions that you may have.
What Is The Best Mesh For A Chicken Coop?
Typically, a chicken mesh coop is constructed from galvanised steel or PVC-coated chicken wire which has been shaped to have hexagonal holes.
PVC-coated chicken wire is essentially just galvanised steel chicken wire with a coloured plastic coating. This is often beneficial as it blends into your garden environment better and it also is less harmful to chickens as the coating allows protection against sharp wire edges.
These are the best kind of meshes to use as it has a strong structure to keep out predators such as foxes therefore giving them the ultimate protection whilst allowing great ventilation as well as a view over the garden.
The hexagon structure wire netting comes in a few different hole sizes such as 13mm, 25mm, 31mm and 50mm in both galvanised steel and PVC-coated chicken wire.
In addition, you could also use galvanised welded wire mesh. This has a strong linear structure for good protection and electric fencing as a second layer of safety for your chickens. This does not come in a PVC-coated option.
What Other Materials Do You Need To Build A Chicken Coop?
As well as your chosen chicken wire mesh, you will also require:
- Wooden fence panels – for the chicken coop frame
- Screws – for putting the frame together
- Hinges and U-Pins/staples – to make fencing and a doorway for your chicken coop
- Wood chips – to be the floor base for your chickens to run on
What Tools Do You Require For Building A Chicken Coop?
- Spade – for digging area for chicken coop and chicken run to put wood chips in
- Spirit level – for making sure your frame is straight
- Ruler and pen – for marking points to saw the wooden panels
- Drill and/or screwdriver – for screwing the wood panels together
- Hammer – for adding nails into wooden panels
- Pliers – for removing nails
- Staple gun – for attaching the chicken wire to the wooden panels
Not all of these building tools are required depending on what you want to use, this is just a guide on what is suitable for building a chicken coop and chicken run.
How Many Chickens Will Fit Inside A Chicken Coop?
Based on the size of your chicken coop determines how many chickens you could keep inside, it is recommended to have 4 sq feet for each chicken in the coop and 10 sq feet for each chicken in the run. For example, a 4 x 8ft chicken coop would allow up 10 chickens.
We recently published a detailed guide on fox proof mesh which will tell you even more about this potential use for this wire mesh. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.