Pure Copper Fine Wire Mesh (99%)
We weave this 0.204mm hole copper fine mesh from solid copper wire. We love working with copper mesh. It is so soft to cut and use compared to the stainless equivalent.
Copper is the only metal that has a natural colour other than grey or silver. This makes it an ideal decorative metal. A red-orange colour is present in the raw metal, but this colour changes as it is exposed to the elements.
Architects and designers use natural verdigris or patina in their designs to create a distinctive effect. Final patinas are highly resistant to atmospheric corrosion, thereby protecting underlying metals from further weathering.
About The Mesh
This is a very fine woven wire mesh. In the industry we would actually refer to this as ‘Wire Cloth’. It has the feel of a textile and it’s extremely delicate
Not suitable for rodent proofing or insect mesh.
We cut this thickness of mesh using scissors and would also recommend using fingertips.
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of copper fine mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Excellent. Produced using solid copper wire. Copper is light and flexible making it the finished structure is malleable
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent. Copper is essentially corrosion-proof
- Filtration – Good. This specification was originally woven to be used as a filter mesh. It will filter out all particles that are 2.5mm or larger
- Welding – Possible. Soldering, brazing, and welding can all be used to join copper and copper alloys
- Painting – Good. Spray paint can be used to paint copper. The metal should be clean and dry before spray painting. An epoxy primer should be applied to promote adhesion
Woven Wire Mesh Roll
The specifications for this 2.5mm hole copper wire mesh are as follows:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 100
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 10,000
- Wire Thickness = 0.05mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.204mm
- Open Area % = 65%
- Cut With – Fingers only. We would tear this to size using our fingertips. Scissors would also work
This will work as a sieve for anything larger than 0.204mm.
Copper mesh is popular for EMI and RFI shielding applications because of its high electrical conductivity. As a result of its high thermal conductivity, it is frequently used as a heat shield in the industrial sector as it conducts heat up to eight times better than other commonly used metals.
Shielding materials need not be solid. Mesh holes in the shielding enclosure’s surface are acceptable if they are smaller than the wavelength being shielded. This is what the Faraday cage does best.
Hundreds of customers use this mesh for RFI screening every year.
Our customers often use this top quality mesh for interior decorative panelling.
Composition and Properties
It is easy to work, join, and install copper due to its ductility. Metallurgically, it can be joined by welding, soldering, or brazing. Due to its softness, this mesh can fit into most design configurations.
Copper is rigid as well as readily formable, so it adds to the integrity of the system even when adverse conditions exist.
Below are some quick details about the corrosion resistance properties of copper mesh:
- Does not react with water, but it does slowly react with atmospheric oxygen to form a brown-black layer of copper oxide. The oxide layer, in contrast to the oxidation of iron by moist air, prevents any further corrosion of the bulk
- Does not support the growth of bacteria
- Long-lasting and maintenance-free properties. Making it an ideal material for mechanical and industrial systems
- Never needs to be painted to be corrosion-resistant. A thin film also forms that offers natural corrosion protection
- This mesh won’t burn. Copper does not support combustion
The Mesh Company produces plain weave wire mesh. Plain weave is where each warp wire crosses alternately above and below every weft wire and vice versa. Usually the warp and weft wires are of the same diameter.
Plain weaves are used for the majority of commercial applications and for filtration where a high flow rate is required. Plain weave has a massive range of possibilities.
We offer this range of mesh panel sizes available here in a wide range of options.
Please call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Thank you for checking out our listing. We really appreciate it.