Copper Tape For Slugs
Our copper tape is a great solution to prevent slugs and snails from destroying your beloved plants and vegetables. Copper is a long-lasting versatile metal that will not rust and acts as a repellent and slug guard. The use of copper ensures that whether it’s indoor or outdoor, it is slug or snail-proof without harming the animal and at the same time being kind to the environment.
With a strong adhesive, copper tape conductive adhesive sticks to almost any clean surface. It’s strong, but it’s still easy to tear by hand, leaving no residue when you peel it off, so it’s perfect for protecting electronics. With copper tape, you’ll reduce annoying electrical interference and get the perfect tone. This is a much better solution than graphite and aluminium tape. In addition to being excellent for EMI/RFI shielding, flexible flat conductors, printed circuit boards and more, this copper tape for slugs tape has high-tensile copper foil which is extremely malleable and solder-acceptable.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of rodent & insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
For insects we recommend using copper knitted mesh for slug proofing gaps and vents in your buildings. We also carry a huge range of options of stainless steel, aluminium & fibreglass insect mesh options for soffits, windows and doors.
See our popular blog for specific information on all of our various material options. We try to add at least 2 new articles per week.
FAQs For This Product
How Do I Stick Copper Tape To My Desired Surface?
Copper tape is adhesive-backed, which means that it has an adhesive coating on one side that allows it to stick to surfaces. Here are the steps to stick down copper tape:
- Clean the surface: Before applying the copper tape, it is important to make sure the surface is clean and dry. Remove any debris or dust that may interfere with the adhesion of the tape. If necessary, you can use a clean cloth or a small amount of rubbing alcohol to clean the surface.
- Measure and cut the tape: Measure the length of the area you want to cover and cut the copper tape to the appropriate length using scissors or a craft knife.
- Peel off the backing: Peel off the protective backing from the adhesive side of the copper tape. Be careful not to touch the adhesive side with your fingers, as this can reduce the tape’s adhesive properties.
- Apply the tape: Carefully apply the copper tape to the surface, making sure it is positioned correctly. Press down on the tape firmly to ensure good contact between the tape and the surface.
- Smooth out any air bubbles: If there are any air bubbles under the tape, use a flat tool or your fingers to smooth them out.
- Trim any excess tape: If there is any excess tape at the edges, use scissors or a craft knife to trim it away.
Does It Repel Snails?
Yes, copper tape can help to repel snails and slugs. Copper is a natural deterrent for snails and slugs because it produces a mild electric shock when they come into contact with it. Snails and slugs tend to avoid copper because of this unpleasant sensation, making it an effective barrier to protect plants and other vulnerable areas.
When copper tape is applied to the perimeter of a garden or flower bed, it can help to create a barrier that snails and slugs will be reluctant to cross. This can help to protect plants and other areas from damage caused by these pests. Additionally, because copper is a natural and non-toxic material, it is a safe and environmentally friendly option for repelling snails and slugs.
Is Copper Tape Conductive On Both Sides?
Copper is a highly conductive metal, so it is commonly used in electronics and electrical applications. Copper tape is often used for creating electrical connections, grounding circuits, and shielding against electromagnetic interference (EMI).
It has an adhesive on one side and a conductive copper surface on the other side. This allows it to be easily applied to surfaces and to conduct electricity. When using copper tape for electrical purposes, it is important to make sure that the tape is properly connected to the circuit and that any connections are secure.
How To Use Copper For Jewellery
Copper can be a useful material for making jewellery, particularly for creating unique and eye-catching designs. Here are the steps to use copper tape for jewellery:
- Copper tape
- Jewellery pliers
- Beads, charms, or other embellishments
- Chain or cord for necklace or bracelet
- Jump rings and lobster clasp for necklace or bracelet (optional)
- Cut the copper tape to the desired length and shape. You can use scissors to cut the tape into strips, shapes, or patterns.
- Peel off the backing from the adhesive side of the copper tape.
- Carefully apply the copper tape to the surface of your jewellery piece. Press down firmly to ensure good contact between the tape and the surface.
- Use jewellery pliers to add beads, charms, or other embellishments to the copper tape. You can attach the embellishments directly to the tape or use jump rings to connect them.
- If you are making a necklace or bracelet, attach the chain or cord to the copper tape using jump rings. You can also add a lobster clasp to make the jewellery piece easier to put on and take off.
- Optional: If you want to create a more textured or layered look, you can apply multiple layers of copper tape to the surface of the jewellery piece.
Check out our blog ‘Introducing: Copper Slug Tape’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.