Woven Mild Steel Wire Mesh
0.51mm hole coarse mild steel wire mesh made from 0.2mm wire. This wire is fairly fine to be woven to form a mesh netting, as a consequence it is fairly light and delicate. This fine mild steel woven wire mesh is often used for industrial and commercial applications such as filtering and screening. As it is uncoated it is ideal for painting and welding. Making this a truly versatile wire mesh option.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Mesh Count = 36 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 1,296 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.2mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.51mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 11%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a standard open area%
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of mild steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce mild steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
FAQs For This Product
Is Mild Steel Wire Mesh Conductive?
Yes, mild steel wire mesh is conductive, although its electrical conductivity is lower compared to other metals such as copper or aluminium. Mild steel is a ferrous metal that contains iron, which is a good conductor of electricity.
Mild steel wire mesh is commonly used in electrical grounding applications because of its good conductivity. It can be used to create a low-resistance path for electrical current to flow, which helps to protect people and equipment from electrical shocks and damage.
However, it is important to note that mild steel wire mesh is not suitable for applications that require high levels of electrical conductivity or where high frequencies are involved. In such cases, other metals or alloys with higher conductivity, such as copper or aluminium, may be more suitable.
Is It Magnetic?
Yes, mild steel wire mesh is magnetic because it is made of iron, which is a ferromagnetic material. Ferromagnetic materials have a strong attraction to magnetic fields and can be magnetized themselves.
Mild steel wire mesh is commonly used in magnetic shielding applications because of its magnetic properties. It can be used to create a barrier that blocks or reduces the intensity of magnetic fields, which helps to protect sensitive equipment and electronics from interference.
Will Mild Steel Wire Mesh Rust?
Yes, mild steel wire mesh can rust if it is exposed to moisture or corrosive environments. Mild steel is not a corrosion-resistant material, and if it is left unprotected, it can quickly rust and deteriorate.
Check out our blog ‘the versatile nature of mild steel woven wire mesh’ for more information on this range of products.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.