Woven Wire Phosphor Bronze Metal Mesh
We weave this 0.144mm hole fine bronze metal mesh from solid 0.11mm phosphor bronze wire. We love working with bronze woven wire mesh. It is so soft to cut and use compared to the stainless steel equivalent.
Woven wire mesh is a fascinating material, and bronze metal mesh is no exception.
With its tiny 100 holes per linear inch, this super fine mesh is perfect for applications where precision is key. At 0.144mm, the holes in this mesh are some of the smallest you can find. This mesh is so fine that it can even be cut with the fingertips, allowing for exact measurements when working on a project. What’s more, this type of mesh is also suitable for RFI and EMI screening, making it a versatile material for a range of industries. Whether you’re in the construction, electronics, or automotive field, bronze metal mesh is a reliable and efficient choice.
Architects and designers use natural verdigris or patina in their designs to create a distinctive effect. Final patinas are highly resistant to atmospheric corrosion. The consequence being that underlying metals are protected from further weathering.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications for this 0.144mm hole bronze metal mesh are as follows:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 100 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 10,000 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.144mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Wire Thickness = 0.11mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Open Area % = 32%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Scissors. Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
This fine mesh will work as a sieve for anything larger than 0.144mm.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For Bronze Wire Mesh
What Are The Salient Composition and Properties Of Bronze Metal Mesh?
A typical alloy contains a tin content of 0.5% to 1 % and a phosphorous content of 0.01% to 0.35%. Alloys containing these elements can exhibit toughness, strength, low coefficients of friction, high fatigue resistance, and fine grain. Its tin content enhances corrosion resistance and tensile strength, whereas its phosphorous content enhances wear and stiffness.
Alloys of phosphorus bronze are used primarily in electrical products since they have excellent spring qualities. They are highly fatigue resistant, are very formable, and are highly corrosion-resistant. As a result of the addition of tin, the alloy becomes resistant to corrosion and stronger. By adding phosphor, the alloy becomes more wear resistant and more rigid.
Generally speaking, phosphor bronze is an alloy of copper and non-ferrous metals that is commonly used in woven wire mesh, wire cloth, and EMI/RFI shielding.
It is characterized by toughness, strength, low coefficient of friction, excellent forming and solderability, fine grain, and excellent formability. Often, this material is utilized where fatigue, wear, and chemical corrosion are factors to be considered.
Can I Use Bronze Mesh For RFI Screening?
Bronze mesh is popular for EMI and RFI shielding applications because of its high electrical conductivity. As a result of its high thermal conductivity, it is frequently used as a heat shield in the industrial sector as it conducts heat up to eight times better than other commonly used metals.
Shielding materials need not be solid. Mesh holes in the shielding enclosure’s surface are acceptable if they are smaller than the wavelength being shielded. This is what the Faraday cage does best.
Hundreds of customers use this mesh for RFI screening every year.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about bronze wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.