Phosphor Bronze Woven Wire Mesh
We weave this 0.106mm fine phosphor bronze woven wire mesh from solid 0.063mm phosphor bronze wire. We love working with bronze woven wire mesh. It is so soft to cut and use compared to the stainless steel equivalent.
The phosphor bronze woven wire mesh is a meticulously designed material tailored for precision and durability. Crafted from phosphor bronze, a metal known for its resilience and unique properties, the mesh is suited for a variety of applications where both finesse and longevity are required.
With a mesh count of 150 holes per linear inch, it translates to an impressive 22,500 holes per square inch. Such intricate detailing ensures that the mesh can effectively separate or filter even the finest of particles. The individual wire thickness stands at 0.106mm, with the intersections where the wires cross being slightly denser. This provides the mesh with added structural strength without compromising its flexibility or functionality.
The mesh boasts a hole size or aperture of 0.063mm, which is precisely calibrated to allow for optimal filtration capabilities. This design choice ensures that while the mesh retains and filters particles effectively, there’s still enough open space (39% open area) for fluids or gases to pass through without significant hindrance.
Adjusting the size of the mesh for specific requirements is straightforward. Whether it’s for an industrial purpose or a home project, one can easily cut it using standard kitchen scissors or even tear it with fingertips to get the desired shape and size.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications for this 1.29mm hole bronze wire mesh are as follows:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 150 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 22,500 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.106mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.063mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 39%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Scissors. Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For Bronze Wire Mesh
What Are the Thermal Properties of Phosphor Bronze Woven Wire Mesh?
Phosphor bronze woven wire mesh is renowned for its distinct thermal properties, making it a preferred choice in various applications. Among its notable attributes is its moderate thermal conductivity, which allows it to transfer heat at a controlled rate. In applications requiring even heat distribution, this characteristic is particularly advantageous. Phosphor bronze is also resistant to thermal expansion, allowing it to maintain its shape and dimensions even under fluctuating temperatures. As a result of its resistance to expansion and contraction under heat, it is durable and reduces the risk of deformation during temperature changes. The thermal properties of phosphor bronze woven wire mesh contribute to its versatility and reliability at both high and fluctuating temperatures.
Can Phosphor Bronze Woven Wire Mesh Be Used in Marine Environments?
Marine environments are well suited to phosphor bronze woven wire mesh. Copper, tin, and phosphorus make up phosphor bronze, and it’s known for its excellent corrosion resistance, especially against saltwater. Due to its resistance to saltwater corrosion, it is a preferred choice for many marine applications. It is common for materials in marine settings to be exposed to saline moisture, which can cause corrosion to many metals. In such conditions, phosphorus bronze’s inherent corrosion resistance ensures longevity and reduces maintenance requirements. Whether used in protective barriers, filtration systems, or other marine applications, phosphor bronze woven wire mesh is durable and retains its properties.
How Does Phosphor Bronze React to Chemical Exposures?
The phosphor bronze woven wire mesh is known for its overall resistance to chemical exposure, making it an excellent choice for a variety of applications. Corrosion resistance is excellent in most chemical environments, effectively resisting oxidation and tarnishing. Due to its compatibility with many non-corrosive chemicals, it can be used with oils, gases, and solutions that are not highly acidic or alkaline.
However, users should exercise caution when handling exceptionally aggressive chemicals, since prolonged exposure may lead to corrosion or degradation. In spite of phosphor bronze’s robustness in many chemical settings, it’s important to assess its compatibility with specific chemicals and duration of exposure. Due to this thoughtful evaluation, phosphor bronze remains a reliable choice for applications involving exposure to a wide range of chemical agents while maintaining structural integrity over time.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about bronze wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.