Phosphor Bronze Woven Wire Mesh
We weave this 0.106mm fine phosphor bronze woven wire mesh from solid 0.063mm phosphor bronze wire. We love working with bronze woven wire mesh. It is so soft to cut and use compared to the stainless steel equivalent.
Architects and designers use natural verdigris or patina in their designs to create a distinctive effect. Final patinas are highly resistant to atmospheric corrosion. The consequence being that underlying metals are protected from further weathering.
About The Mesh
You will find this metal mesh to be of interest if you require tough product for a filtration application. We use quality bronze wire to weave this fine mesh.
Due to the fineness of this 0.106mm hole bronze wire mesh would not be suitable for rodent proofing and insect screening if required.
We cut this thickness of mesh using scissors and would also recommend tin snips.
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of bronze mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Excellent. Produced using solid bronze wire. Phosphor bronze is fabric like making it the finished structure very soft and flexible
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent. Bronze metal mesh is essentially corrosion-proof (see below)
- Filtration – Good. This specification was originally woven to be used as a filter mesh. It will filter out all particles that are 1.23mm or larger
- Welding – Possible. Soldering, brazing, and welding can all be used to join bronze and bronze alloys
- Painting – Good. Spray paint can be used to paint bronze. The metal should be clean and dry before spray painting. An epoxy primer should be applied to promote adhesion
Wire Mesh Cloth
The specifications for this 0.106mm hole phosphor bronze woven wire mesh are as follows:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 150 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 22,500 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.106mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.063mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 39%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Scissors. Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
This wire mesh cloth will work as a sieve for anything larger than 0.106mm.
Composition and Properties
A typical alloy contains a tin content of 0.5% to 1 % and a phosphorous content of 0.01% to 0.35%. Alloys containing these elements can exhibit toughness, strength, low coefficients of friction, high fatigue resistance, and fine grain. Its tin content enhances corrosion resistance and tensile strength, whereas its phosphorous content enhances wear and stiffness.
Alloys of phosphorus bronze are used primarily in electrical products since they have excellent spring qualities. They are highly fatigue resistant, are very formable, and are highly corrosion-resistant. As a result of the addition of tin, the alloy becomes resistant to corrosion and stronger. By adding phosphor, the alloy becomes more wear resistant and more rigid.
Generally speaking, phosphor bronze is an alloy of copper and non-ferrous metals that is commonly used in woven wire mesh, wire cloth, and EMI/RFI shielding.
It is characterized by toughness, strength, low coefficient of friction, excellent forming and solderability, fine grain, and excellent formability. Often, this material is utilized where fatigue, wear, and chemical corrosion are factors to be considered.
Phosphor bronze woven wire mesh is popular for EMI and RFI shielding applications because of its high electrical conductivity. As a result of its high thermal conductivity, it is frequently used as a heat shield in the industrial sector as it conducts heat up to eight times better than other commonly used metals.
Shielding materials need not be solid. Mesh holes in the shielding enclosure’s surface are acceptable if they are smaller than the wavelength being shielded. This is what the Faraday cage does best.
Hundreds of customers use this mesh for RFI screening every year.
Our customers often use this top quality mesh for interior decorative panelling.
Check out our copper range as another great mesh for RFI Screening
About The Mesh Company
In 2008 Locker Wire Weavers launched The Mesh Company to bring our enormous range of wire mesh cloth products to the general public for the first time. Previously wire mesh was only available for trade customers.
We continue to extend our range, and now proudly offer many forms of mesh and metal products for the best possible prices. We specialise in woven wire mesh. As a group we work closely with architects and designers to develop ground-breaking new applications for our multifunctional range of materials. We also offer state of the art fabrication and engineering for projects of all sizes.
Strong ties with the Warrington community continue to be at the very core of our business. We are proud to invest in the training and developing our staff of all levels in line with the traditions set by Thomas Locker, who founded our group 150 years ago when he invented the electronic loom. We continue to bring ingenuity and strong ethics to our day to day business.
The Mesh Company continues Warrington’s historic role in the wire industry. For more than 140 years, our group has been a leader in the supply and manufacture of woven wire mesh and wire cloth. Having been founded in Warrington, UK in 1878, Locker mesh products still retain the quality craftsmanship and spirit of innovation that were so characteristic then.
The Mesh Company produces plain weave wire mesh. Plain weave is where each warp wire crosses alternately above and below every weft wire and vice versa. Usually the warp and weft wires are of the same diameter.
Plain weaves are used for the majority of commercial applications and for filtration where a high flow rate is required. Plain weave has a massive range of possibilities.
We offer this range of mesh panel sizes available here in a wide range of options.
Please call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Thank you for checking out our listing. We really appreciate it.