430 Magnetic Stainless Woven Wire Mesh Filter
0.313mm hole fine stainless steel woven wire mesh filter in top quality 430 grade made from 0.11mm wire. As illustrated by the image, this is a fine specification. This magnetic mesh is fairly open and fine. It is of interest to anyone who needs a magnetic mesh sieve or filter.
This particular variant is defined by its 60 wires per linear inch, which translates to 3,600 wires per square inch. The wire’s thickness is 0.11mm, ensuring the durability and strength required for various applications while maintaining a lightweight structure.
The hole size, or aperture, of this mesh is 0.313mm, which offers a balance between filtration and flow. With an open area of 55%, this mesh allows for efficient fluid or air movement, making it suitable for various filtering tasks. This balance ensures that while unwanted particles are effectively filtered out, there isn’t a significant drop in the flow rate or air circulation, making the product efficient in its design.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 60
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 3,600
- Wire Thickness = 0.11mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.313mm
- Open Area % = 55%
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Can The Magnetic Property Affect The Filtration Process?
Yes, the magnetic property of a woven wire mesh filter can influence the filtration process. Meshes made of magnetic-grade material are capable of attracting and retaining ferromagnetic particles from the substance being filtered. Due to the mesh’s magnetic properties, certain materials such as iron, nickel, and steel are particularly attracted to it. When filtering ferrous contaminants, this magnetic attraction can enhance the mesh’s efficiency. Despite this, the mesh might become saturated over time as more ferromagnetic particles accumulate, potentially reducing its filtration efficiency. Furthermore, this magnetic property does not affect the filtration of non-ferromagnetic particles, which are determined solely by the mesh’s physical specifications.
What Is The Expected Magnetic Lifespan Of The Mesh?
A woven wire mesh filter’s magnetic lifespan is primarily determined by its material composition and environmental conditions. 430 stainless steel, a common material for magnetic mesh filters, is inherently magnetic and retains its properties for a long time. However, factors such as extreme temperatures, corrosive environments, or mechanical stress can potentially alter its microstructure and, subsequently, its magnetic characteristics. A mesh’s magnetic properties should remain stable for many years under typical usage and maintenance. For optimal performance, however, it’s crucial to regularly assess the mesh’s efficiency, especially in critical applications.
Is The Mesh Safe Near Sensitive Electronic Devices?
430 stainless steel is generally safe around most electronic devices in terms of its magnetic properties. However, there are considerations to keep in mind:
- Magnetic Field Strength: The magnetic field produced by the mesh is relatively weak, especially when compared to strong magnets. Therefore, it is unlikely to interfere with most electronic devices directly.
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI): While the mesh itself does not produce electromagnetic radiation, it can potentially act as a shield or barrier, affecting how EMI interacts with devices. In scenarios where precise EMI control is required, it’s crucial to evaluate the mesh’s impact.
- Static Charges: Stainless steel can accumulate static charges. If the mesh comes into direct contact with sensitive electronics, there’s a risk of static discharge which can damage the device.
- Physical Interaction: If used near moving parts of electronic devices, the mesh’s small wires or cut edges might pose a risk of scratching or damaging the device’s surfaces.
Check out our blog ‘‘How Magnetism Sets 430 Stainless Wire Mesh Apart From Other Grades’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.