316 Stainless Steel Fine Metal Mesh Sheet
0.048mm hole stainless steel fine metal mesh sheet material in top quality 316 marine grade made from 0.03mm wire. As you can see from the image this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. As a result of the fineness of the wires, you would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
Made of high-grade 316 stainless steel, this fine woven wire mesh cloth is recognized for its resistance to corrosion and suitability for myriad applications.
With a mesh count of 325 holes per linear inch, the design boasts a staggering 105,625 holes per square inch. This incredible density ensures a consistent and uniform pattern across the mesh. Each wire in the formation is 0.03mm thick, and due to the weaving process, intersections where two wires meet are naturally denser.
The aperture, or the hole size from wire to wire, is a fine 0.048mm. This contributes to an open area percentage of 38%. Despite this seemingly average open area, the mesh’s ultra-fine structure makes it appear more akin to silk rather than a traditional woven mesh.
Wire Cloth Specification
Below are the specifications of this fine woven mesh wire cloth:
- Mesh Count = 325 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 105,625 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.03mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.048mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 38%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
You will find this 316 stainless steel wire mesh to be of interest if you require a very fine product for a filtration application. The stainless steel wire used to make this fine mesh is 316 grade, which provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheet in application is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Copper, brass, black, and galvanised steel wire mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various material options.
FAQs For This Product
What Are The Typical Applications For Fine Woven Wire Mesh?
Fine woven wire mesh is highly sought after for a range of applications due to its precision and intricate structure. It’s extensively used in filtration processes in various industries, allowing for the separation of fine particles in both liquid and gas mediums. The mesh’s delicate framework makes it invaluable in screening operations, where there’s a need to differentiate fine particles from larger ones. In the medical field, its biocompatibility sees it employed in a variety of medical devices and instruments. The electronics sector incorporates fine woven wire mesh as a shield against electromagnetic interference, ensuring devices function optimally without disruptions. Additionally, its unique properties are harnessed in acoustic applications to fine-tune sound outputs.
Is Fine Mesh More Fragile Or Susceptible To Tears?
In comparison to coarser mesh varieties, fine mesh is more susceptible to tears, damage, or deformation because of its delicate construction and thinner wires. Due to its fine structure, less material is present to resist physical stress. If fine mesh is handled roughly, is exposed to sharp objects, or is put under undue pressure, it may become damaged more easily. Nevertheless, the strength and fragility of a mesh are greatly influenced by the material it is made of. For example, fine mesh made from a robust material like stainless steel will inherently be more durable than one made from a softer material. Fine mesh must be properly handled, installed, and cared for to ensure its longevity and functionality.
Can The 316 Mesh Handle High Temperatures?
High temperatures are no problem for stainless steel mesh made from 316 stainless steel. In comparison to other stainless steel grades, 316 has a superior heat resistance. The material is capable of enduring continuous exposure to temperatures as high as 870°C (1600°F) without significant scaling. Beyond this temperature, the strength of the mesh may diminish.
Furthermore, 316 grades are resistant to oxidation in intermittent service up to 927°C (1700°F) and in continuous service up to 870°C (1600°F). While 316 mesh is capable of handling high temperatures, prolonged exposure to very high temperatures might affect its mechanical properties and appearance.
Check out our blog ‘the benefits of using 316 grade stainless steel for food grade applications for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.