Stainless Steel Fine Wire Mesh
0.263mm hole stainless steel fine wire mesh in top quality 304 grade made from 0.16mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. You would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
The mesh stainless steel is a finely woven wire mesh made of 304-grade stainless steel. With a wire thickness of 0.16mm and an aperture size of 0.263mm, it offers both strength and precision. Each linear inch consists of 60 holes, and when expanded to a square inch, this results in a total of 3,000 holes. This dense pattern ensures a consistent structure while still providing an open area percentage of 39%. This optimal balance allows for effective filtration and separation without overly restricting airflow or visibility. Being made of 304-grade stainless steel, this mesh boasts resistance to rust and corrosion, making it suitable for a variety of indoor and outdoor applications. Whether it’s used for window screens, filters, or as a protective barrier, its adaptability is commendable.
One of the notable features is the ease with which it can be resized or adjusted. It’s simple enough to cut with standard kitchen scissors, and in cases of minor adjustments, one can even use their fingertips to tear it to the desired size.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 60
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch =3,000
- Wire Thickness = 0.16mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.263mm
- Open Area % = 39%
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven gauze metal products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Can Mesh Stainless Steel Material Be Used For Filtration Applications?
Certainly! Its 60 holes per linear inch and 0.263mm aperture make the mesh stainless steel suitable for a wide range of filtration applications. Its uniform hole distribution and wire thickness of 0.16mm ensure consistent flow rates and particle filtration. Given its 304-grade stainless steel composition, it’s durable and resistant to corrosion, making it ideal for both liquid and gaseous filtration processes.
Additionally, the mesh’s 39% open area allows for efficient flow-through while effectively capturing particulates. This mesh can be used for industrial processes, food and beverage production, and DIY projects. Your mesh specification should always match the specific requirements of your application.
How Do I Clean And Maintain The Stainless Steel Mesh?
Cleaning and maintaining the mesh stainless steel is straightforward. Follow these steps to ensure its longevity and optimal performance:
- Dust Regularly: For light cleaning, gently dust the mesh with a soft brush or cloth to remove loose particles.
- Wash with Soap: For a deeper clean, use warm water and a mild detergent. Gently scrub the mesh with a soft brush to remove dirt and grime.
- Rinse Thoroughly: After washing, rinse the mesh thoroughly with clean water to remove any soap residue.
- Dry Promptly: To prevent water spots and potential corrosion, dry the mesh immediately using a soft cloth or air dry.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Do not use bleach or other corrosive chemicals as they may damage the mesh’s surface and affect its corrosion resistance.
- Inspect Regularly: Periodically inspect the mesh for signs of wear, damage, or corrosion. Address any issues promptly to prolong the mesh’s life.
- Store Properly: If the mesh is not in use, store it in a dry location away from direct sunlight and harsh environments.
- Use Proper Tools: When cutting or resizing, use the recommended tools like standard kitchen scissors, and handle the mesh with care to avoid inadvertent damage.
Is Stainless Steel 60 Mesh Resistant To Rust And Corrosion?
The mesh stainless steel, specifically made from stainless steel 304, is inherently rust and corrosion resistant. This grade of stainless steel has excellent corrosion resistance, especially in oxidizing environments. In addition to preventing further surface corrosion, its chromium content prevents corrosion from spreading into the metal’s internal structure. The mesh must, however, be kept clean from contaminants, as accumulated dirt or salt can compromise its corrosion resistance over time.
To ensure its longevity and maintain its anticorrosive properties, it should be cleaned and maintained regularly.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.