1/4″ x 23 Gauge Welded Mesh
1/4″x 23 gauge galvanised welded wire mesh available here in various roll sizes to suit all applications.
23g welded wire mesh is hot dipped galvanized, and it is sourced from high-quality manufacturers. The square holes in welded wire mesh provide more structure than chicken wire.
This product makes an ideal aviary mesh. Lightweight wire mesh is ideal for small animal enclosures such as rabbit runs and chicken coops. Besides garden applications, it can also be used for light-weight mesh fencing. A welded mesh has slightly more structure and rigidity than chicken wire netting as it is made from the same 19 gauge wire (1mm thick). The mesh is hot-dipped galvanized in order to protect it from rust.
Protective enclosures are built with wire mesh to ensure animals and livestock are always safe. You can also use wire fencing as a means of protecting a designated outdoor space from intruders. Galvanized square or hexagonal wire is typically used for mesh fencing so that it can keep its shape for decades. Garden wire is available in many sizes and materials, either rolled or as single panels.
Wire mesh fencing is an ideal application for this product.
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of welded wire mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Excellent. As steel wire is the core of this mesh this mesh is flexible. Steel wire is light and flexible, so the finished product is malleable
- Corrosion Resistance – Good. It is produced from mild steel that has been zinc-dipped to give it a galvanised finish that protects it from the elements
- Filtration – Poor. This mesh has a large open area, consequently it is popularly used as a fence or barrier. With 25mm holes, it is not commonly used for standard filtration applications
- Welding – Possible. If the galvanized metal is properly prepared, they can be welded in the same way as uncoated steel
- Painting – Poor. It’s best to paint plain steel since it doesn’t have a coating
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications for this metal mesh are as follows:
- Mesh Count = 4 hole per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 16 hole per square inch
- Wire Thickness = 23 gauge / 0.6mm
- Weight Per Square Metre = Approx 1200g
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1/4″ / 6.25mm
- Cut With – We would cut this with tin snips
Our mesh rolls are available in the following standard sizes:
- Small – 5 Metre x 600mm (16.5ft x 2ft)
- Medium – 5 Metre x 900mm (16.5ft x 3ft)
- Large – 5 Metre x 1200mm (16.5ft x 4ft)
We do not currently offer timber posts or PVC coated welded mesh.
It consists of mild steel that has been hot dipped in zinc to give it a galvanised finish that protects it from the elements. Welded mesh is perfect for appliances such as chicken coops and rabbit runs, garden fencing, fruit cages, and much more because of its zinc coating.
It is important to note that ‘Galvanised Steel’ and ‘Galvanized Steel’ refer to the same finish. Mesh netting of this type is not available in stainless steel.
About The Mesh Company
In 2008 Locker Wire Weavers launched The Mesh Company to bring our enormous range of wire mesh products to the general public for the first time. Previously wire mesh was only available for trade customers.
We continue to extend our range, and now proudly offer many forms of mesh and metal products for the best possible prices. We specialise in woven wire mesh. As a group we work closely with architects and designers to develop ground-breaking new applications for our multifunctional range of materials. We also offer state of the art fabrication and engineering for projects of all sizes.
Strong ties with the Warrington community continue to be at the very core of our business. We are proud to invest in the training and developing our staff of all levels in line with the traditions set by Thomas Locker, who founded our group 150 years ago when he invented the electronic loom. We continue to bring ingenuity and strong ethics to our day to day business.
The Mesh Company continues Warrington’s historic role in the wire industry. For more than 140 years, our group has been a leader in the supply and manufacture of woven wire mesh and wire cloth. Having been founded in Warrington, UK in 1878, Locker mesh products still retain the quality craftsmanship and spirit of innovation that were so characteristic then.
A wide range of mesh panel sizes are available here. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger quantities – email@example.com. Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
There are no reviews yet.