1/4″ x 23 Gauge Welded Mesh
1/4″x 23 gauge galvanised welded wire mesh available here in various roll sizes to suit all applications. 23g welded wire mesh is hot dipped galvanised, and it is sourced from high-quality manufacturers. The square holes in welded wire mesh provide more structure than chicken wire.
Galvanised welded mesh with 1/4″ x 1/4″ holes and 0.6mm wire is a top-quality option for a variety of applications. This type of mesh is popular for fencing, bird cages, and even artwork. Its galvanised finish provides durability and resistance to rust and corrosion. Plus, it’s available in many different roll sizes, made to order to fit your specific needs. Whether you’re a DIY enthusiast or a professional builder, galvanised welded mesh with 1/4″ x 1/4″ holes and 0.6mm wire is a reliable choice.
This product makes an ideal aviary mesh. Lightweight wire mesh is ideal for small animal enclosures such as rabbit runs and chicken coops. Besides garden applications, it can also be used for light-weight mesh fencing. A welded mesh has slightly more structure and rigidity than chicken wire netting as it is made from the same 19 gauge wire (1mm thick). The mesh is hot-dipped galvanised in order to protect it from rust.
Protective enclosures are built with wire mesh to ensure animals and livestock are always safe. You can also use wire fencing as a means of protecting a designated outdoor space from intruders. Galvanised square or hexagonal wire is typically used for mesh fencing so that it can keep its shape for decades. Garden wire is available in many sizes and materials, either rolled or as single panels.
Wire mesh fencing is an ideal application for this product.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications for this metal mesh are as follows:
- Mesh Count = 1/4″ x 1/4″ – 4 hole per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 16 hole per square inch
- Wire Thickness = 23 gauge / 0.6mm
- Weight Per Square Metre = Approx 1200g
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1/4″ / 6.25mm
- Cut With – We would cut this with tin snips
Our mesh rolls are available in the following standard sizes:
- Small – 5 Metre x 600mm (16.5ft x 2ft)
- Medium – 5 Metre x 900mm (16.5ft x 3ft)
- Large – 5 Metre x 1200mm (16.5ft x 4ft)
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Garden Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of garden wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Wire fencing, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
FAQs For This Product
Can This Weld Mesh By Used For Rodent Control?
Yes, 1/4″ welded mesh can be used as a rodent control material, particularly for smaller rodents such as mice. The mesh is small enough to prevent mice from squeezing through, and its welded construction makes it more durable and resistant to chewing than other types of mesh or screening.
We have a dedicated range of pre-cut rolls available from immediate stock. This is our RatMesh range.
These rolls are cut to 75mm, 100mm, 200mm and 400mm widths for use behind air brick vents, soffits and other smaller material requirement projects.
What Other Applications Can This Mesh Be Used For?
In addition to its use as a material for rodent control, 1/4″ welded mesh can be used for a variety of other applications, such as:
- Fencing: It can be used to create fences for gardens, decking, and other outdoor spaces. The mesh provides a sturdy barrier that can keep out animals and intruders. We also offer 1/2″ and 1″ galvanised steel for this same purpose.
- Safety barriers: 1/4″ welded mesh can be used as a safety barrier in industrial and construction settings. It can be used to enclose hazardous areas, prevent falls, or protect workers from flying debris. It needs to be made with a lot of framing backing it. It would sag and bend if asked to cover a large open area without structural support.
- Window screens: It can be used as a material for window screens. However we would suggest an insect screen for covering windows if the intention is to block bugs, as the wires of this mesh would be less visible and better suited to the job.
- Animal cages: This type of welded mesh can be used to construct cages for small animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, and birds. The mesh provides a secure enclosure that allows for proper ventilation and visibility. This is often the mesh used for this purpose. Again, we would suggest a very tight framed support structure to keep the mesh taut. 1/2″ welded mesh is perhaps more commonly used for this application.
- Decorative applications: 1/4″ welded mesh can be used as a decorative element in architecture and design. It can be used to create screens, dividers, and other artistic features.
Is 1/4″ Welded Mesh Available In Other Metals?
Yes it is. We also stock a stainless steel equivalent.
Stainless steel welded mesh is more corrosion-resistant and durable than galvanised steel welded mesh, making it a better choice for applications where the mesh will be exposed to harsh environments or corrosive materials.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about welded wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.