6mm Stainless Steel Perforated Mesh Sheet
6mm stainless steel perforated mesh sheet is produced by punching flat plate metal with a specific pattern. This is driven by the customer’s requirement for the metal for cosmetic or application purposes.
The 6mm round holes on this sheet make it suitable for filtering and ventilation purposes. Meanwhile, the 9mm pitch ensures that the holes are evenly spaced, presenting a clean and professional look. Measuring at 1mm thick, it is lightweight yet durable enough to withstand wear and tear. Stainless steel, known for its corrosion-resistant properties, ensures that the sheet lasts a long time with minimal maintenance required. It is an excellent choice for those seeking a robust and reliable metal mesh sheet.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 6mm round hole
- Pitch – 9mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1mm thick flat sheet
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer a massive range of galvanised steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes.
Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
What Is The Difference Between Wire Mesh And Perforated Metal?
Wire mesh and perforated metal are both materials used for filtration, screening, and separation, but there are some key differences between the two.
‘Wire mesh’ most commonly refers to woven wire mesh, which is made by weaving thin metal wires together to create a mesh with a range of hole sizes. The Mesh Company offer woven mesh made from various metals, including stainless steel, copper, and aluminium.
Perforated metal, on the other hand, is made by punching or drilling holes into a flat sheet of metal. The metal sheet is also available in various materials, such as stainless steel, aluminium, and steel. The holes can be made in a range of sizes and shapes, and can be spaced in various patterns.
The main differences between wire mesh and perforated metal are:
- Method of production: Wire mesh is made by weaving metal wires together, while perforated metal is made by punching holes into a metal sheet. As a rule, perforated metal is a stronger and flatter product.
- Hole size and shape: Wire mesh can be customised with a range of hole sizes, depending on the weave and wire diameter. Perforated metal typically has a uniform hole size and shape, although customisation is increasingly possible as different hole shapes can be selected.
- Strength and durability: Both can be strong, perforated metal is typically stronger as it is thick sheet with punched holes.
- Aesthetics: Perforated metal is often preferred for its clean and uniform appearance, while wire mesh can be used for decorative purposes due to its unique texture and pattern.
How Long Will Stainless Steel Perforated Metal Last?
The lifespan of 304 grade stainless steel will depend on various factors, such as the environment, maintenance, and usage conditions. However, in general, 304 grade stainless steel is highly resistant to corrosion and can last for many years, even in harsh environments.
304 grade stainless steel is a popular and widely used material for applications that require strength, durability, and resistance to corrosion, such as in the construction, automotive, and food processing industries. It is an austenitic stainless steel that contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel, which provides excellent corrosion resistance and durability.
When properly maintained and cared for, 304 grade stainless steel can last for decades. Regular cleaning and maintenance can help prevent corrosion and extend the lifespan of the material.
Check out our blog aluminium perforated metal sheet for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.