15mm Stainless Steel Perforated Metal Sheet
15mm stainless steel metal sheet perforated mesh is produced by punching flat sheet metal with a specific pattern. This is driven by the customer’s requirement for the metal for cosmetic or application purposes.
The 304 Stainless Steel Perforated Metal is a high-quality product designed for versatility and strength. Composed of the most widely used stainless steel grade, it boasts excellent forming and welding characteristics. The perforation process involves punching 15mm round holes at a pitch of 21mm, ensuring a regular pattern that significantly contributes to its various uses in numerous industrial and architectural applications.
One of the unique aspects of this product is its 1.5mm thickness, which strikes an ideal balance between robustness and flexibility. This thickness offers the dual benefits of maintaining structural stability under stress while allowing for a degree of malleability. As such, it can be shaped and installed to cater to specific design requirements without compromising durability.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 15mm round hole
- Pitch – 21mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1.5mm thick flat sheet
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of galvanised steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes.
Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
Does The Hole Size Affect The Overall Surface Area Of Perforated Metal?
Yes, the 15mm round hole size does affect the overall surface area of the 304 stainless steel perforated metal.
When a hole is made in a material, that hole effectively reduces the total solid surface area of the material. However, at the same time, the interior surface of the hole also contributes to the total surface area. So, if you are considering the total surface area including the interior surfaces of the holes, it would actually increase due to the perforations.
For instance, let’s assume the perforated metal sheet is a 1m x 1m square. The initial surface area would be 1 m^2 (ignoring thickness). Now, let’s say it’s perforated with 15mm round holes, spaced at a 21mm pitch. The area of each hole is Pi * (15/2 mm)^2 = ~176.71 mm^2.
If we assume that the 21mm pitch means the center of each hole is 21mm from the center of the adjacent holes, you would have about (1000 mm / 21 mm)^2 = ~2,268 holes (this is an approximation as the edges will have fewer holes). So, the total surface area removed by these holes would be ~401,151 mm^2 or ~0.401 m^2.
But if you consider the interior surfaces of the holes, each hole’s interior surface area is 2 * Pi * (15/2 mm) * (1.5 mm) = ~70.69 mm^2. So for ~2,268 holes, the added interior surface area would be ~160,196 mm^2 or ~0.160 m^2.
So the new total surface area of the perforated metal would be the initial surface area (1 m^2) minus the area of the holes (0.401 m^2) plus the interior surface area of the holes (0.160 m^2), which equals approximately 0.759 m^2.
This calculation is a rough estimation and actual figures may vary based on precise layout and edge conditions. It is also important to remember that in practical applications, the increased surface area due to the interior of the holes might not behave the same way as the solid surface area (for example, for heat transfer or fluid flow properties).
What Is The Largest Sheet Size Available?
We stock this mesh in full 2m x 1m panels.
Can I Have It In A Larger Hole?
Yes, we offer a 20mm round hole option. This is the largest hole size that we currently offer.
Check out our blog outlining the benefits of stainless steel perforated metal sheet for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.