Mild Steel Perforated Metal Panels
8mm hexagonal mild steel perforated metal panels are produced by punching flat sheet metal with a specific hexagonal pattern. This is driven by the customer’s requirement for the metal for cosmetic or application purposes.
8mm hexagonal perforated metal mesh panels are a reliable and cost-efficient solution for many industrial and commercial projects. Not only do the perforated panels offer an open, airy feel – they are strong enough to bear heavy loads when reinforced with mesh. They can also be used in a range of creative applications such as car-parking canopies, advertisement boards, signage displays and stadia screens. Easy installation and affordability have made perforated metal mesh panels increasingly popular among architects and designers who value the versatility of this product.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 8mm round hole
- Pitch – 8.7mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1mm thick flat sheet
- Pattern – Hexagonal
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
Is Hexagonal Perforated Metal Good For Ventilation?
Yes, hexagonal perforated metal is a good material for ventilation due to its unique hexagonal hole pattern.
The hexagonal holes allow for efficient air flow while still providing a high degree of structural integrity. This makes it an ideal choice for use in HVAC systems, industrial equipment, and building facades. Additionally, the shape of the holes provides an aesthetic appeal that can enhance the appearance of a building or equipment.
Can I Bend Hexagonal Metal Mesh?
Yes, 8mm hexagonal perforated metal panels can be bent, but the bending process may require specialised equipment and techniques due to the thickness of the material. A metal brake or bending machine may be necessary to bend the panels accurately and consistently. The exact process will depend on the specific equipment being used and the desired bend angle and radius. It’s important to avoid over-bending or damaging the metal during the bending process.
If you are not experienced at bending metals then why not simply ask us to do this for you.
Can I Use 8mm Hexagonal Hole Perforated Metal For Rat Control?
8mm hexagonal hole perforated metal may be suitable for rat control in some situations, depending on the specific conditions and requirements.
The size of the holes in the perforated metal should be smaller than the size of the rats to prevent them from entering the protected area. However, 8mm hexagonal holes may not be small enough to prevent smaller rat species from entering. Additionally, it’s important to consider the structural integrity of the perforated metal panels, as rats can be strong and persistent in their attempts to enter a space.
We would recommend using a small hole such as 4.5mm. This would be ideal.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about steel hexagonal metal sheet’ for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.