Perforated Metal Sheet Aluminium Mesh
Perforated metal sheet aluminium mesh is produced by punching flat plate with a specific round pattern. The customer’s requirement for metal for cosmetic or application purposes drives this decision.
This sheet aluminium mesh is designed for a range of applications, offering both aesthetic appeal and practical functionality. The mesh is crafted from aluminium, known for its lightweight properties, resistance to corrosion, and excellent durability. The design features a series of 8mm round holes, arranged in a distinctive triangular pattern, which provides a unique visual while ensuring good air and light flow. With a pitch of 12mm, the holes are adequately spaced to maintain structural integrity and balance between openness and protection. Each sheet has a thickness of 2mm, making it sturdy enough for most applications while still being easy to handle and install.
Whether you’re looking for a material to use in architectural features, screens, filters, or other applications, this mesh combines both form and function. Its aluminium construction makes it especially suited for outdoor or moist environments, as it resists oxidation and won’t rust over time.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 8mm round hole
- Pitch – 12mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 2mm thick flat sheet
- Pattern – Triangular
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Stainless steel is a more expensive option, but this is due to increased corrosion resistance and longevity.
FAQs For This Product
Can Sheet Aluminium Mesh Be Used As A Screen For Privacy?
With its 8mm round holes and 12mm pitch, sheet aluminium mesh can be effectively used as a privacy screen. Its design provides a visual barrier while allowing airflow and light transmission. Due to its durability and weather-resistance, it can be used outdoors. Depending on viewing angle and distance, it can provide varying levels of privacy.
Is Aluminium Mesh Recyclable?
Aluminium mesh can be recycled. Aluminium is one of the most recycled materials worldwide due to its ability to be recycled multiple times without losing its quality. Recycling aluminium also consumes significantly less energy compared to producing new aluminium from bauxite ore. You should contact local recycling facilities if you wish to dispose of sheet aluminium mesh. Aluminium recycling conserves energy, reduces environmental impact, and contributes to a circular economy.
How Does Aluminium Mesh React With Other Metals?
Galvanic corrosion can occur when aluminium mesh is in contact with certain metals. This phenomenon occurs when two dissimilar metals touch in the presence of an electrolyte, like water, causing the less noble metal, in this case aluminium, to corrode faster. The extent of this corrosion is largely determined by the relative positions of the metals in the galvanic series. Based on their positions on the galvanic table, aluminium corrodes more rapidly when in contact with copper. Due to this, it’s important to consider protective measures, such as insulating barriers and coatings, when using aluminium mesh with other metals, especially in moist environments.
Check out our blog aluminium perforated metal sheet for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.