Stainless Steel Mosquito Mesh For Windows
0.42mm hole stainless steel mosquito mesh for windows, doors and vents. The mesh is light and affordable and ideal for this purpose.
Fly mesh made from stainless steel is ideal for keeping insects out. It is woven to produce small holes of 0.42mm x 0.42m. In light of the material’s flexibility, it may require a frame in order to add rigidity. Rolls are available in a range of widths and lengths that are suitable for diverse applications. For use on soffits or behind cladding, the 10 cm to 30 cm wide rolls are perfect. These wider rolls are ideal for producing insect screens, or for covering large areas such as roofs.
The mesh is light and affordable and ideal for this purpose.
Mosquito mesh made from stainless steel is ideal for keeping insects out. It is woven to produce small holes of 0.42mm x 0.42m. In light of the material’s flexibility, it may require a frame in order to add rigidity. Rolls are available in a range of widths and lengths that are suitable for diverse applications. For use on soffits or behind cladding, the 10 cm to 30 cm wide rolls are perfect. These wider rolls are ideal for producing insect screens, or for covering large areas such as roofs.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications of this stainless steel mosquito mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 40 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 1,600 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.57mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 43%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Can easily be cut with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Is Stainless A Good Mosquito Mesh?
Yes, stainless steel is a good material for mosquito mesh. Stainless steel mesh is strong, durable, and resistant to corrosion, making it an ideal choice for applications where it will be exposed to the elements. It is also resistant to damage from pests and UV radiation, which can cause other types of mesh to deteriorate over time.
Stainless steel mosquito mesh typically has a small mesh size of around 0.5mm, which is small enough to effectively block mosquitoes and other small insects. It is also easy to clean and maintain, and provides an effective barrier against pests without compromising on airflow or visibility.
One advantage of stainless steel mosquito mesh is that it is more rigid than other types of mesh, which can help it maintain its shape and prevent sagging over time. This can be particularly important in areas with high wind or where the mesh will be exposed to heavy use or wear.
What Size Is A Common Mosquito In The UK?
In the UK, the most common species of mosquito is the Culex Pipiens mosquito, which is relatively small compared to other species of mosquitoes. Culex Pipiens mosquitoes typically have a body length of around 3-7 mm and a wingspan of around 5-10 mm. This mesh size is well below that size, so it will block them completely.
Does Mosquito Mesh Work For Midges Too?
Yes, this one is good for both. It is slightly small for mosquito mesh, so it can be effective at blocking midges. Midges are generally smaller than mosquitoes, so it may be necessary to use a mesh with a smaller hole size to effectively block them.
We recommend a mesh size for blocking midges is typically around 0.5mm. This size of mesh will block most midges while still allowing for good airflow and visibility.
How Much Mesh Is On A Roll?
A full of woven wire mesh is usually 30m x 1.2m. We can supply any size within that.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.