White Fibreglass Insect Mesh Roll
This top quality European made white fibreglass insect mesh roll provides excellent netting for soffit vents. This is ideally used to block air-bricks, soffit vents etc for insect deterrent. This mesh is light but it does prevent birds and insects from gaining entry into holes, nooks and crannies. The most common use for this light mesh is as a door or window screen fly mesh.
The mesh is made of fibreglass, a strong and flexible material that is resistant to tears, punctures, and other forms of damage. The white colour provides a clean and neutral appearance that can complement a variety of architectural styles however it can show dirt easier compared to black or grey fibreglass. The mesh roll can easily be cut to size using scissors to fit specific openings, making it a versatile solution for preventing insect infestations. White fibreglass insect mesh is weather-resistant, low-maintenance, and easy to install, providing reliable protection against unwanted insects and other pests.
- Colour – White
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 18 x 16 (rectangular)
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.13 x 1.31mm
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
White Fibreglass vs Aluminium Insect Screen
Aluminium and fibreglass are two common materials used for insect screens, and each has its own unique advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Aluminium Insect Screen:
- Lightweight: It is much lighter than fibreglass, making it easier to handle and install.
- Rust-resistant: Aluminium does not rust or corrode, making it a suitable material for use in areas with high humidity or frequent exposure to moisture.
- Low maintenance: It is a low-maintenance material that does not require regular cleaning or treatment to maintain its appearance.
Advantages of Fibreglass Insect Screen:
- Durable: It is a strong and flexible material that is resistant to tears, punctures, and other forms of damage.
- Weather-resistant: It is resistant to moisture, UV light, and other weather-related factors, making it a suitable material for outdoor use.
- Cost-effective: It is generally less expensive than aluminium, making it a more budget-friendly option for insect screens.
Ultimately, the choice between aluminium and fibreglass insect screens will depend on individual needs and preferences. Both materials can be effective for preventing insects and other pests from entering indoor and outdoor spaces, and both offer their own unique benefits and disadvantages.
Where Is The Insect Mesh Located In A Soffit Vent?
In a soffit vent, the insect mesh is typically located on the inside surface of the vent, directly behind the slotted or perforated openings that allow air to circulate. The purpose of the insect mesh is to keep insects, such as flies, mosquitoes, wasps, and spiders, from entering the vent and potentially creating nests or interfering with proper air flow.
The insect mesh is usually made of a strong, flexible material, such as fibreglass or aluminium, and is designed to provide a barrier against unwanted insects to pass through while still allowing air to circulate freely through the vent. The mesh can be either permanently attached to the vent or have removable bonds for when you want to clean, depending on the design of the soffit vent.
Can Insects Get Through Window Screens?
Some insects can get through window screens, depending on the size and type of mesh used. Most common window screens are made with a mesh size of 18 x 16 or smaller, which is effective for keeping out larger insects such as flies and mosquitoes. However, smaller insects, such as ants, may be able to get through the mesh.
To reduce the likelihood of insects getting through window screens, it’s important to choose a screen material that has a fine mesh, such as fibreglass or aluminium, and to make sure the screens are properly installed and maintained. If you live in an area with particularly high insect populations, you may also want to consider using additional measures, such as installing screens with a tighter mesh or using insecticides to control insect populations near your windows.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about fibreglass insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.