Woven Wire Fine Steel Mesh
0.31mm hole fine mild steel mesh made from 0.35mm wire. This wire is fairly thick to be woven to form a mesh netting of this hole size, as a consequence it is fairly robust for a fine mesh.
This mild steel woven wire mesh, often referred to as fine steel mesh, offers a combination of strength and versatility. With a mesh count of 50 holes per linear inch, it results in 2,500 holes per square inch, providing a fine filtration or barrier for many applications. The individual wires have a thickness of 0.2mm, and where they intersect, the structure thickens slightly.
Each square hole or aperture measures 0.31mm from one wire to the next. With an open area of 37%, this mesh allows for substantial airflow or liquid passage while still serving as an effective barrier. It’s easy to work with, and users can cut it using standard kitchen scissors, a method we recommend. Whether used for filtration, as a screen, or in crafts, the mild steel composition ensures it remains sturdy over time, despite its delicate appearance.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Mesh Count = 50 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 2,500 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.2mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.31mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 37%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a very high open area%
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of mild steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce mild steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
Can I Cut The Fine Steel Mesh Using Regular Scissors?
Yes, that is exactly how we would cut it. See this video guide on how easily this can be done.
How Does This Mesh React To Water And Moisture?
When exposed to water and moisture for an extended period, fine steel mesh is susceptible to oxidation. Due to this, it can rust without protective coatings or treatments. In applications where moisture exposure is frequent or prolonged, coatings, treatments, or rust-resistant alternatives like stainless steel are recommended. In damp environments, regular maintenance can extend the mesh’s lifespan. To prevent rusting and degradation, it is essential to take preventive measures if the mesh is going to be used in consistently wet or humid conditions.
Is The Fine Steel Mesh Rust-Resistant?
No, the fine steel mesh made of mild steel is not inherently rust-resistant. Prolonged exposure to moisture or water can cause it to oxidize and rust over time. If rust resistance is crucial for your application, consider opting for stainless steel or applying protective coatings to the mild steel mesh.
Regular maintenance and checks can also help in mitigating rust formation.
Check out our blog ‘the versatile nature of mild steel woven wire mesh’ for more information on this range of products.
We have written a deeper dive article on using hardware cloth. This is a great use for this woven wire material.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.