Woven Galvanised Mesh Wire
This is a top quality 1.14mm hole coarse galvanised mesh wire. This mesh has a high wire content in relation to the hole size. Consequently it is tough and useful for filtration against pressure.
The galvanised mesh wire is a no-nonsense solution crafted for strength and durability. Made from galvanised steel, this woven wire mesh is not only robust but also resistant to rust and corrosion. The mesh count stands at 16 holes per linear inch, translating to a comprehensive 256 holes per square inch. Each wire in this configuration has a thickness of 0.45mm. However, note that where two wires intersect, the structure will be slightly thicker due to the overlapping weave.
The hole size or aperture of the mesh measures 1.14mm from wire to wire, offering ample space for various applications. A notable feature of this mesh is its 51% open area, an impressively high percentage which ensures maximum breathability and flow, ideal for filtration or separation tasks where a higher open area is beneficial.
For those looking to tailor the galvanised mesh wire to specific dimensions or shapes, cutting is straightforward. While we typically use scissors or tin snips for the job, we recommend users to follow suit for optimal results and safety.
Below are the specifications of this galvanised steel wire mesh roll:
- Mesh Count = 16 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 256 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.45mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.14mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 51%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a very high open area%
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with scissors or tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
This mesh sieve filters out particles larger than 1.14mm.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Galvanised Steel Mesh
Is The Galvanised Mesh Wire Suitable For Animal Cages?
Yes, the galvanised mesh wire is suitable for animal cages. As a result of its galvanised coating, it is resistant to rust and corrosion, ensuring its longevity in outdoor conditions as well. Animals can exert pressure on the strong woven structure, making it ideal for cages. 51% of the space is open, providing the animals with a comfortable environment. In addition, the wire thickness of 0.45mm provides durability against chewing and scratching. You must, however, choose the mesh size according to the animal, ensuring there are no gaps large enough for them to escape or get trapped. To spot any wear or damage to the cage, regular inspections are also recommended.
How Long Does The Galvanised Coating Last On The Mesh Wire?
It depends on several factors, including the environment in which the mesh wire is used, exposure to corrosive elements, and physical wear and tear, to determine how long the galvanised coating will last. Galvanised coatings generally provide substantial protection against rust and corrosion for many years. In typical outdoor conditions, without direct exposure to corrosive chemicals or salty air, galvanised coatings can last 10 to 50 years. The lifespan may be reduced in coastal areas or harsher environments. It is advisable to inspect your zinc coating regularly for signs of wear or thinning, since these are the first places where rust could develop. Keeping the coating clean and avoiding abrasive methods that can strip it can also extend its life.
Can The Galvanised Mesh Wire Be Used For Ventilation Purposes?
Yes, the galvanised mesh wire can be effectively used for ventilation purposes. Due to its 51% open area, it is ideal for providing ventilation while also acting as a barrier to larger debris or pests. Galvanised mesh protects against rust and corrosion, making it suitable for indoor and outdoor ventilation. The durable and breathable nature of this mesh wire makes it a reliable choice for ventilation needs in building vents, machinery cooling, or agricultural setups. To prevent the entry of smaller particles or insects, it’s vital to ensure that the mesh’s hole size aligns with the requirements for specific applications.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.