C8/80/15 Metal Mesh
C8/80/15 stock fence refers to a specific type of fencing material that is used for containing and managing livestock. The numbers indicate specific specifications for the fencing, including its height, strength, and gauge.
The “C” in C8/80/15 stands for “Class,” which is a rating system used to indicate the quality and strength of the fence. The first number, “8,” refers to the height of the fence in centimetres. The second number, “80,” indicates the strength of the fence, with higher numbers indicating a stronger fence. The third number, “15,” refers to the gauge of the wire used, with lower numbers indicating thicker wire.
This type of stock fencing is commonly used in agriculture and livestock management, as it provides a durable and secure barrier for containing and managing livestock animals. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s specifications and seek professional advice to ensure that the fence is properly installed and meets building codes and regulations.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers. We specialise in durable materials and innovative manufacturing techniques to ensure that our products are long-lasting and reliable.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products. This allows customers to find the specific product that meets their needs.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Else Is Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of garden wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
FAQs About Stock Fence Material
Which Animals Are Stock Fences For?
Stock fencing is primarily used for containing and managing livestock animals, such as cows, horses, sheep, goats, and pigs. The height and strength of the fence is designed to prevent the animals from escaping and to keep them safe and secure.
This type of fencing is commonly used on farms, ranches, and other agricultural properties. It can also be used in residential and commercial settings to create animal enclosures or to separate areas for different types of livestock.
The specific design of the stock fence, including the height and type of material used, can vary based on the type of animal it is meant to contain. For example, horse fencing may be taller and sturdier than fencing for smaller animals like sheep or goats.
How To Erect Stock Fencing
To erect stock fencing, you will need to follow these steps:
- Plan your fence: Determine the length and location of your fence and mark it with stakes and string.
- Prepare the ground: Clear the area of any grass, bushes, or other obstacles and level the ground if necessary.
- Install fence posts: Dig post holes every 6-8 feet along the marked line and set the posts in concrete. Make sure the posts are level and plumb.
- Attach fence panels: Depending on the type of stock fencing you have, you may need to attach brackets or clips to the posts to secure the panels. Make sure the panels are level and secure.
- Install gates: If necessary, install gate posts and hang the gates. Make sure the gates are level and secure.
- Finish: If desired, you can add additional materials to the top or bottom of the fence for added security or stability.
It is recommended to seek professional assistance or consult with the manufacturer’s instructions for specific guidance on how to install your particular type of stock fencing.
How Far Apart Should Stock Fence Posts Be?
The distance between stock fence posts depends on the height and type of fencing being used. As a general guideline, stock fence posts should be placed 6 to 8 feet apart for standard wooden or metal panel fencing, and 8 to 10 feet apart for tall, heavy-duty fencing.
However, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s specifications or seek professional advice to ensure that the fence is properly supported and meets building codes and regulations. The spacing between posts can also vary based on local soil conditions, climate, and other factors.
How Long Will Galvanised Stock Fencing Last?
The lifespan of a galvanised stock fence can vary depending on several factors, such as the quality of the materials used, the thickness of the zinc coating, the location and weather conditions, and the amount of maintenance performed.
On average, a well-maintained galvanised stock fence can last anywhere from 20 to 30 years or longer, with some lasting up to 40 years or more. The zinc coating helps to protect the steel or iron from rust and corrosion, which can prolong the lifespan of the fence.
Regular maintenance, such as cleaning and repainting, can help to extend the life of the fence and keep it looking its best. If the fence becomes damaged or starts to rust, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
Can Galvanised Steel Be Painted?
Yes, galvanised steel can be painted. The zinc coating on galvanised steel provides a barrier that helps to prevent rust and corrosion, but it is not a guarantee against these issues. Over time, the zinc coating can wear away, leaving the steel vulnerable to rust and corrosion.
Painting galvanised steel can help to extend its lifespan and improve its appearance. However, it is important to properly prepare the surface before painting to ensure that the paint adheres properly. This typically involves cleaning the surface and applying a primer specifically designed for use on galvanised steel.
It is also important to choose a high-quality paint that is suitable for use on metal surfaces and that is compatible with the primer used. A good quality paint and proper preparation can help to ensure that the painted galvanised steel lasts as long as possible.
Check out our blog how to choose the right livestock fencing for your property for more information on this application. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.