Hexagonal Mild Steel Patterned Metal Sheet
6mm hexagonal patterned metal sheet is produced by punching flat sheet metal with a specific hexagonal pattern. This is driven by the customer’s requirement for the metal for cosmetic or application purposes.
Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh. Ventilation and filtration are the main uses for this mesh type.
Here is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this sheet metal:
- Bending & Forming – Fair. You could bend this metal with basic tools but not by hand. The thicker the sheet the harder this is to do
- Corrosion Resistance – Poor. We do not recommend mild steel f you require high resistance to corrosion. You should use one of our stainless steel options if this is required
- Machining, Drilling & Grinding: Good. Mild steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding
- Welding – Excellent. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
- Painting – Good. Mild steel is used when a layer of paint needs to be added. Galvanised and stainless steel will not take paint
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 6mm hexagonal hole
- Pitch – 6.7mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1mm thick flat sheet
- Pattern – Hexagonal
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of mild steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce mild steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
Can You Cut Perforated Metal Sheet With A Jigsaw?
Yes, a jigsaw can be used to cut patterned metal sheets, especially for thinner sheets. However, it is important to use the right type of jigsaw blade and cutting technique to prevent damage to the metal and ensure a clean, precise cut.
When cutting perforated metal with a jigsaw, it is recommended to use a metal-cutting blade with fine teeth and a T-shank. The blade should be suitable for cutting the specific type and thickness of metal being used.
To cut the perforated metal sheet, first clamp it securely to a work surface to prevent it from moving during the cutting process. Then, using the jigsaw, carefully follow the marked cutting lines, using a slow and steady motion. It is important to maintain a consistent cutting speed and pressure to avoid bending or warping the metal sheet.
Can I Paint This Mesh?
Yes, mild steel perforated metal can be painted using various types of paint, such as oil-based, latex, or enamel paint. However, it is important to properly prepare the surface of the metal before painting to ensure good adhesion and a smooth, even finish.
To paint mild steel perforated metal, follow these steps:
- Clean the surface of the metal thoroughly using a degreaser or solvent to remove any dirt, oil, or grease.
- Sand the surface of the metal lightly with fine-grit sandpaper to create a slightly rough texture that will help the paint adhere.
- Apply a primer to the surface of the metal. This will help the paint adhere better and prevent rust or corrosion.
- Once the primer is dry, apply the paint to the surface of the metal using a brush, roller, or spray gun. Apply the paint in thin, even coats, and allow each coat to dry completely before applying the next.
- Once the final coat of paint is dry, inspect the surface of the metal for any missed spots or imperfections, and touch up as necessary.
Would This Work As A Rodent Deterrent?
Yes it would be ideal for blocking gaps and vents in indoor environments. We would not recommend this mesh for outdoor applications as it would rust and corrode.
Check out our range of rodent control products. We have a huge amount of options available from immediate stock.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about steel hexagonal metal sheet’ for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.