Galvanised Steel Mesh Sheets
Perforated metal galvanised steel mesh sheets are produced by punching flat galvanised plate with a specific round pattern. The customer’s requirement for metal for cosmetic or application purposes drives this decision.
Sheets with perforations are commonly used to allow air to pass through. Ventilation and filtration are the main uses for this mesh type. Rodent proofing is another use for perforated sheeting.
Here is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this sheet metal:
- Bending & Forming – Good. It is possible to bend this metal with basic tools. We advise that bending by hand is not possible as the thickness of the sheet is too great. The thicker the sheet the harder to bend
- Corrosion Resistance – Good. We produce this from mild steel that has been zinc-dipped, which give it a galvanised finish that protects it from the elements
- Filtration – Good. This mesh has a large open area, consequently it is popularly used as a large filter or barrier
- Welding – Possible. Galvanised metal, when properly prepared, can be welded in the same manner as uncoated steel
- Painting – Poor. It’s best to paint plain steel since it doesn’t have a coating
There are many reasons to use perforated metal sheet for your mesh need. Above all, it allows for great airflow while providing strength and structure.
The specifications of these galvanised steel are as follows:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 3mm round hole
- Pitch – 5mm. You can measure the pitch from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 0.7mm thick flat sheet
This type of perforated steel has a round holes perforation in a triangular pattern. You will also find square and various other shapes through the Perforated Metal section of our store.
Round holed stainless steel and aluminium mesh are suitable for a large range of purposes, consequently we have supplied thousands of customers with this type of sheet.
Made from mild steel that has been hot-dip galvanized for protection against the elements. Hot-dip galvanized mild steel for protection against the elements. Coated in zinc to make it more hardwearing, galvanised perforated sheet is perfect for use in outdoor conditions. This EN ISO 1461 protective coat ensures the mild steel is guarded against corrosion, which makes it an ideal component in gates, fences, outdoor furniture, balustrade inserts and shelving.
The perforated galvanised steel sheet has a pattern of round holes that can be varied based on metal thickness, hole size, and pitch (distance between holes).
Perforated steel sheet is commonly used by architects and designers as they are able to play with light, sound, and visual depth using the patterned sheet.
It is important to note that ‘Galvanised Steel’ and ‘Galvanized Steel’ refer to the same finish.
Perforated Metal Uses
Our customers have used perforated metals for the following applications:
- Airbrick vent coverings for rodent control
- Air conditioning guards
- Bridge and balustrade construction
- Various structural steel works
- Automotive repair
- Various DIY and basic engineering applications
We offer perforated metal sheets up to 2000 x 1000mm in size. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets. In addition, we also offer a cutting service. Please email us if you require a bespoke size – email@example.com.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.