316 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh
0.043mm hole 316 stainless steel wire mesh material in top quality 316 marine grade made from 0.03mm wire. As you can see from the image this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. As a result of the fineness of the wires, you would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of woven stainless steel mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Good. You could only fold this mesh by hand with ease. This is a metal fabric
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent. 316 grade stainless steel is ideal for marine and aquatic applications
- Heat Resistance – Good. 316 grade stainless steel offers a good level of resistance to heat
- Machinability – Good. Mild steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding, but stainless steel can also offer good results
- Welding – Very good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
- Painting – Poor. We suggest that a mild steel product is used when a layer of paint needs to be applied. As a result of the corrosive resistance, Galvanised and stainless steel will not take paint
Wire Mesh Specification
Below are the specifications of this 316 stainless steel wire mesh:
- Mesh Count = 350 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 122,500 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.03mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.043mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 34%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
About The Mesh
You will find this metal mesh to be of interest if you require a very fine product for a filtration application. The stainless steel wire used to make this fine mesh is 316 grade, which provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Due to the fine wire diameter of this 0.043mm hole wire mesh would not be suitable for use as insect mesh or rodent screening.
Plain weave is the main type of wire mesh offered by The Mesh Company. This mesh is produced by crossing each warp wire alternately above and below every weft wire and vice versa. Warp and weft wires are normally of the same diameter.
Most commercial applications and filtration systems requiring high flow rates use this type of mesh.
We suggest that you look into the products in our welded mesh section if you require a mesh product where the wires are fixed in place. Welded mesh is commonly available in galvanised steel, but we also offer stainless steel.
316 is the stainless steel grade of choice for the food and marine industries.
SS316 is a molybdenum bearing grade, and as such it offers better corrosion resistance. It has a slightly higher resistance to heat than the industry standard 304 grade.
316 stainless steel mesh is used for many popular applications. The main being food preparatory equipment, boat fittings, laboratory benches, coastal architectural panels and railings. Feel free to message us if you need advice on which mesh to use for your application.
Composition – C 0.08, Mn 2.0, Si 0.75, P 0.045, S 0.030, Cr 18.0, M 3.0, Ni 14, N 0.10
About The Mesh Company
In 2008 Locker Wire Weavers launched The Mesh Company to bring our enormous range of wire mesh products to the general public for the first time. Previously wire mesh was only available for trade customers.
We continue to extend our range, and now proudly offer many forms of mesh and metal products for the best possible prices. We specialise in woven wire mesh. As a group we work closely with architects and designers to develop ground-breaking new applications for our multifunctional range of materials. We also offer state of the art fabrication and engineering for projects of all sizes.
Strong ties with the Warrington community continue to be at the very core of our business. We are proud to invest in the training and developing our staff of all levels in line with the traditions set by Thomas Locker, who founded our group 150 years ago when he invented the electronic loom. We continue to bring ingenuity and strong ethics to our day to day business.
The Mesh Company continues Warrington’s historic role in the wire industry. For more than 140 years, our group has been a leader in the supply and manufacture of woven wire mesh and wire cloth. Having been founded in Warrington, UK in 1878, Locker mesh products still retain the quality craftsmanship and spirit of innovation that were so characteristic then.
You will find the range of mesh panel sizes available here offer a wide range of options, that have been designed to suit most requirements. Please be advised that the majority of woven mesh is usually available in a maximum roll size of 30 metres by 1200mm. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – email@example.com.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.