Stainless Steel Perforated Metal Mesh Panel
4mm stainless steel perforated metal mesh panel is produced by punching flat sheet metal with a specific round pattern. This is driven by the customer’s requirement for the metal for cosmetic or application purposes.
The metal mesh panel is a meticulously crafted sheet made from 304 grade stainless steel. This grade ensures a blend of strength and corrosion resistance, making it suitable for various applications. It features a round hole staggered pitch perforation, designated as R4 T6, which refers to a 4mm hole size (or aperture) with a pitch of 6mm. This pitch spacing ensures a consistent pattern where the distance from one hole’s start to the next encompasses the hole’s diameter plus the gap between them.
Given its thickness of just 1mm, the panel maintains a delicate balance between durability and flexibility. The design and materials used in the metal mesh panel ensure it is both aesthetically pleasing and functional. Its perforated design allows for effective airflow, making it an optimal choice for ventilation purposes, while also providing a unique visual appeal.
Moreover, the stainless steel composition ensures longevity and resistance to rust and corrosion. Whether you’re considering it for architectural design, protective screens, or even decorative purposes, this metal mesh panel stands out due to its efficiency and adaptability. Its makeup allows for easy customisation, ensuring that you can adjust the size and shape as per your specific requirements, making it a versatile addition to any project. In essence, this metal mesh panel, with its well-thought-out specifications, is a blend of form and function, ready to serve multiple purposes across varied domains.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Type – Round Hole Staggered Pitch
- Perforation – R4 T6
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 4mm round hole
- Pitch – 6mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1mm thick flat sheet
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
Can The Metal Mesh Panel Be Used For Fencing?
Yes, the metal mesh panel can be used for fencing. 304-grade stainless steel offers durability and corrosion resistance, making it an ideal choice for outdoor applications such as fencing. With its staggered pitch design and 4mm round holes, it provides privacy while still allowing ventilation and visibility. Depending on the size and complexity of the installation, you may need additional framing or support depending on the panel’s dimensions and design. Additionally, since the holes are 4mm in size, the panel can deter most intruders while maintaining a modern and aesthetic appeal. Consider the panel’s strength and design to determine if it meets your safety requirements if security is an issue.
Can The Metal Mesh Panel Be Used As A Protective Barrier?
Yes, the metal mesh panel can be used as a protective barrier. Durability and resistance to external factors are ensured by the stainless steel construction of grade 304. With a hole size of 4mm and a thickness of 1mm, the panel offers a balance between visibility and protection. In a variety of applications, its design can be used to safeguard machinery, separate spaces, or provide a protective guard. For industrial settings, construction sites, or even architectural applications, this panel serves as a reliable protective barrier. Depending on the specific use, additional reinforcements or frames may be required to support the panel, and its effectiveness will depend on the exact nature of the threats or hazards it is intended to defend against.
How Resistant Is The Metal Mesh Panel To Corrosion?
Stainless steel grade 304 is known for its good corrosion resistance in a wide range of environments, especially in mild or moderately corrosive conditions. However, the resistance to corrosion can vary depending on the specific environment and the level of exposure to corrosive agents.
In general, stainless steel grade 304 is resistant to corrosion from:
- Atmospheric Conditions: Grade 304 stainless steel performs well in most atmospheric conditions, making it suitable for outdoor applications.
- Mild Acids and Alkalis: It is resistant to mild acids and alkalis, such as those found in many industrial and laboratory settings.
- Freshwater: Stainless steel 304 is generally resistant to corrosion in freshwater, making it suitable for applications in contact with water.
- Organic Materials: It is resistant to corrosion from most organic materials, such as oils, fats, and organic acids.
However, stainless steel grade 304 may not be as resistant to highly corrosive environments or chemicals. It is not suitable for prolonged exposure to:
- Strong Acids: Grade 304 may corrode when exposed to strong acids, such as sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid.
- Chloride Environments: In the presence of chlorides (e.g., saltwater or de-icing salts), stainless steel 304 may be susceptible to localised corrosion, such as pitting and crevice corrosion.
- Highly Alkaline Solutions: In highly alkaline environments, the corrosion resistance of grade 304 may be reduced.
Check out our blog discussing stainless steel perforated metal mesh for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.