Perforated Metal Sheet Aluminium Plate
Perforated metal is produced by punching flat aluminium plate with a specific pattern. The customer’s requirement for metal for cosmetic or application purposes drives this decision.
The aluminium perforated metal mesh stands out as a practical and versatile solution in various applications. Made with precision, this mesh is characterised by an 8mm round hole size (aperture), ensuring that it provides consistent and effective coverage wherever it’s applied. The pitch, which is the distance from the start of one hole to the next, is set at 10mm, a design choice that maintains a balance between open space and material strength.
Being 1.5mm thick, this flat sheet strikes a balance between robustness and flexibility, making it suitable for a range of uses. The use of aluminium in its construction adds multiple benefits: it’s lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and offers excellent conductivity. This mesh is not just functional; its aesthetic appeal makes it an ideal choice for architectural and design purposes, be it for facades, partitions, or decorative features.
In industries, the mesh finds its place in filtration systems, guards, and screens. Given its properties, it’s a go-to for those seeking a durable yet malleable solution. Additionally, the environmental impact is low since aluminium is recyclable, ensuring that the mesh is not only efficient but also eco-friendly.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 8mm round hole
- Pitch – 10mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1.5mm thick flat sheet
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Stainless steel is a more expensive option, but this is due to increased corrosion resistance and longevity.
FAQs For This Product
Can I Use The Plate In Marine Environments?
Yes, aluminium plates can be effectively used in marine environments due to their natural ability to resist corrosion. Aluminium forms a protective oxide layer, making it an ideal choice for such applications. In saltwater conditions, galvanic corrosion is more likely to occur, especially when aluminium comes into contact with copper or stainless steel. Selecting a corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy, such as 5052 or 5083, is crucial for maximum durability in marine settings.
Furthermore, anodizing or coating the plate can extend its lifespan further. Marine environments require regular maintenance despite aluminium’s inherent corrosion resistance.
How Is The Perforated Aluminium Plate Manufactured?
The aluminium plate, particularly when perforated, is manufactured through a series of processes that ensure precision, quality, and durability. Here’s a general overview:
- Raw Material Selection: It starts with selecting the right grade of aluminium alloy suitable for the intended application. The chosen alloy should meet the desired mechanical and chemical properties.
- Rolling: The aluminium ingot is heated and passed through rollers to achieve the desired thickness. This process is known as hot rolling. As the aluminium cools, it may undergo cold rolling to further refine the thickness and improve the surface finish.
- Perforation: For the perforated aluminium plate, a specific machinery known as a perforating press is employed. This machine punches round holes (or other shapes if needed) in a staggered or straight-row pattern into the plate. The size, shape, and arrangement of these holes are determined by design specifications.
- Annealing: After perforation, the aluminium plate might undergo annealing, which is a controlled heating and cooling process, to relieve any stresses induced during perforation and to improve its ductility.
- Surface Finishing: Depending on the intended use and aesthetic requirements, the aluminium plate might receive surface treatments. This can include anodising to enhance corrosion resistance, painting, or powder coating for aesthetic reasons, or chemical treatments to prepare the surface for bonding or painting.
- Cutting and Shaping: Using shears, laser, or other machinery, the perforated aluminium sheet is cut to the desired size and shape.
- Inspection: After manufacturing, the aluminium plate undergoes stringent quality inspections. This can involve checking the dimensions, ensuring the correct perforation pattern, and testing the plate’s mechanical properties.
Can I Paint Or Finish The Aluminium Plate Mesh?
The aluminium plate mesh can be painted or finished to suit various applications or aesthetic preferences. The surface must be clean, free of oils, and properly prepared before painting. Paint adhesion and durability can be improved by applying a primer designed for aluminium. To ensure an even coat on perforated meshes, spray painting may be preferred due to their porous nature. Aluminum can also be anodised for a durable and decorative finish that resists corrosion, enhances paint adhesion, and looks sleek and metallic. Aluminium plate mesh can be easily customised to meet your aesthetic or protective needs.
Check out our blog aluminium perforated metal sheet for more information on that large range of materials.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.