30mm x 25 Metre Copper Tape For Slugs
Top quality copper tape for slugs. This material is a type of adhesive copper tape that is used in gardening to repel slugs and snails. The tape has a sticky backing that allows it to be easily applied to planters, raised beds, or any other surface where slugs may be a problem.
Copper tape for slugs have a natural electrical charge that creates a small electric shock when slugs come into contact with it. This shock is not harmful to the slugs however it is enough to deter them from crawling over the tape and reaching the plants. Copper slug tape is an effective, chemical-free solution to slug and snail problems in the garden. It is also easy to use and does not harm the environment or other wildlife in the area.
With a strong adhesive, copper tape conductive adhesive sticks to almost any clean surface. It’s strong, but it’s still easy to tear by hand, leaving no residue when you peel it off, this also makes it perfect for protecting electronics. With copper tape, you’ll reduce annoying electrical interference and get the perfect tone. This is a much better solution than graphite and aluminium tape. In addition to being excellent for EMI/RFI shielding, flexible flat conductors, printed circuit boards and more, this copper tape for slugs has high-tensile copper foil which is extremely malleable and is great for soldering with.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of rodent & insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
For insects we recommend using copper knitted mesh for slug proofing gaps and vents in your buildings. We also carry a huge range of options of stainless steel, aluminium & fibreglass insect mesh options for soffits, windows and doors.
See our popular blog for specific information on all of our various material options. We try to add at least 2 new articles per week.
FAQs For This Product
How To Use Copper Tape For Slugs
Copper tape is a natural and effective way to repel slugs and snails that can eat away at plants in gardens and flower beds. Here’s how to use copper tape for slugs and snails:
- Purchase copper tape: You can find copper tape at most garden centers, hardware stores, and online retailers. Look for a tape that is at least 2 inches wide, as this will provide adequate protection for your plants.
- Prepare the area: Before you begin applying the copper tape, make sure the surface is clean and dry. Remove any debris, such as leaves or twigs, that may interfere with the adhesion of the tape.
- Apply the copper tape: Peel the backing off the copper tape and apply it around the perimeter of the area you want to protect. Make sure the tape is flush against the ground and any vertical surfaces, such as walls or planters. The copper tape should create a barrier that slugs and snails will not want to cross.
- Monitor the tape: Check the tape regularly to make sure it is still in place and functioning properly. If you notice any breaks or gaps in the tape, repair them as soon as possible to prevent slugs from getting through.
- Replace the tape: Over time, the copper tape may lose its effectiveness due to weathering or wear and tear. If you notice that slugs are getting past the tape, it may be time to replace it with fresh tape.
How To Solder Copper Foil Tape
Soldering copper foil tape can be useful for creating a stronger bond between two pieces of tape, as well as for making electrical connections. Here are the steps to solder copper foil tape:
- Copper foil tape
- Soldering iron
- Heat-resistant work surface
- Safety glasses
- Cut the copper foil tape to the desired length and shape.
- Apply a small amount of flux to the area where you want to solder the copper foil tape.
- Heat up the soldering iron until it reaches the desired temperature. The ideal temperature will depend on the thickness of the copper foil tape, but generally, a temperature of around 400-450°C (750-850°F) will work.
- Hold the soldering iron to the area with the flux for a few seconds to allow it to heat up.
- Apply a small amount of solder to the tip of the soldering iron.
- Touch the tip of the soldering iron to the copper foil tape and apply the solder. Move the soldering iron along the length of the copper tape, applying a small amount of solder as you go.
- Once the solder has melted and flowed evenly along the length of the copper tape, remove the soldering iron and let the joint cool for a few seconds.
- Inspect the joint to make sure that the solder has flowed evenly and that the joint is secure.
- Clean the joint with a soft cloth or sponge to remove any flux residue.
- Repeat the process as necessary for any additional joints.
Soldering copper foil tape can take a bit of practice to get the technique right, but with some patience and a little bit of practice, you can create strong and reliable joints that will hold up to regular use. Be sure to wear safety glasses and work on a heat-resistant surface to avoid any accidents or damage.
Is Copper Tape Conductive?
Yes, copper tape is conductive. Copper is a highly conductive metal that’s widely used in electronics and electrical applications. Copper tape is commonly used for creating electrical connections, grounding circuits, and shielding against electromagnetic interference (EMI) due to its high electrical conductivity.
When using copper tape for electrical purposes, it is important to make sure that the tape is in good condition and properly attached to the surface. Over time, the tape may become corroded, damaged or torn, which can reduce its electrical conductivity. Additionally, it is important to avoid bending or crimping the tape, as this can create weak points that can affect the tape’s conductivity.
Is Copper Tape Safe To Touch?
Copper tape is generally safe to touch, but it is important to handle it with care to avoid injury or irritation. Copper tape is a thin, flexible strip of copper that is typically coated with an adhesive on one side. While copper is not toxic, it can be sharp and may cause cuts or abrasions if handled improperly.
In addition, some people may be allergic to copper or the adhesives used on the tape. If you experience any skin irritation, such as redness or itching, after handling copper tape, it is best to avoid touching it and to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Lastly, copper is a great conductor of electricity. Therefore if used in electrical appliances, you will not receive electric shocks if touched with bare skin.
Check out our blog ‘Introducing: Copper Slug Tape’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.