Magnetic Stainless Steel Woven Filter Mesh
0.263mm hole fine stainless steel woven filter mesh in top quality 430 grade made from 0.16mm wire. As illustrated by the image, this is a fine specification. This magnetic mesh is fairly open and tough. It is of interest to anyone who needs a magnetic mesh sieve of filter.
You would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of woven stainless steel mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Good. You could bend this mesh by hand and it would retain its shape
- Corrosion Resistance – Very good. Like all ferritic grades, 430 grade stainless steel offers good resistance to many corrosive elements, however 316 is preferable for marine and aquatic applications
- Heat Resistance – Good. 430 grade stainless steel offers a good level of resistance to heat
- Machinability – Excellent. Mild steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding, but stainless steel can also offer good results. 430 is preferable to 304 for machining purposes
- Welding – Very good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
- Painting – Poor. We suggest that a mild steel product is used when a layer of paint needs to be applied. Galvanised and stainless steel will not take paint
Below are the specifications of this 0.26mm hole fine magnetic wire mesh:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 60
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 3,600
- Wire Thickness = 0.16mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.263mm
- Open Area % = 39%
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
You will find this fine sieve material to be of interest if you require very strong product for a filtration application. The stainless steel wire used to make this woven mesh is 304 grade, which provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Due to the thick wire diameter of this 0.26mm hole fine wire mesh would be ideal for rodent proofing, but would not be suitable for use as insect mesh.
Cutting would require the use of industrial tools. We cut this thickness of steel mesh using a guillotine in our factory.
430 grade stainless steel is magnetic.
This is a ferritic stainless steel. It contains straight chromium and is not hardenable.
Corrosion resistance and formability make this steel great, along with its practical mechanical properties. Because it can withstand nitric acid, it’s useful in certain chemical applications.
About The Mesh Company
In 2008 Locker Wire Weavers launched The Mesh Company to bring our enormous range of woven filter mesh products to the general public for the first time. Previously wire mesh was only available for trade customers.
We continue to extend our range, and now proudly offer many forms of mesh and metal products for the best possible prices. We specialise in woven wire mesh. As a group we work closely with architects and designers to develop ground-breaking new applications for our multifunctional range of materials. We also offer state of the art fabrication and engineering for projects of all sizes.
Strong ties with the Warrington community continue to be at the very core of our business. We are proud to invest in the training and developing our staff of all levels in line with the traditions set by Thomas Locker, who founded our group 150 years ago when he invented the electronic loom. We continue to bring ingenuity and strong ethics to our day to day business.
The Mesh Company continues Warrington’s historic role in the wire industry. For more than 140 years, our group has been a leader in the supply and manufacture of woven wire mesh and wire cloth. Having been founded in Warrington, UK in 1878, Locker mesh products still retain the quality craftsmanship and spirit of innovation that were so characteristic then.
You will find the range of fine sieve material sizes available here offer a wide range of options, that have been designed to suit most requirements. Please be advised that the majority of woven mesh is usually available in a maximum roll size of 30 metres by 1200mm. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.