Aluminium Perforated Metal Sheet
3mm round aluminium perforated metal is produced by punching flat aluminium plate with a specific pattern. The customer’s requirement for metal for cosmetic or application purposes drives this decision.
Sheets with perforations are commonly used to allow air to pass through. Ventilation and filtration are the main uses for this mesh type. Rodent proofing is another use for perforated sheeting.
Aluminium perforated metal is a punched sheet plate. Hole rows can be straight or staggered to increase the number of openings.
The 1050 H14 grade is at least 99.5% pure aluminium. Suitable for both MIG and TIG welding. We recommend this product to customers for use on classic cars, kit cars, and sports cars.
Aluminium 1050 H14 has excellent corrosion resistance, furthermore it is ideal for anodizing or powder coating. Often used in the manufacture of signs and curtain walls.
Can be applied to commercial vehicles, horse boxes, trailers, and caravans.
Here is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this perforated metal:
- Bending & Forming – Good. It is possible to bend this metal with basic tools. We advise that bending by hand is not possible as the thickness of the sheet is too great. The thicker the sheet the harder to bend
- Corrosion Resistance – Good. Oxygen binds very well to aluminium. Aluminium surfaces that are exposed to air or any other oxidizing agent develop a thin, hard film of aluminium oxide very quickly. Aluminium’s corrosion-resistance is precisely due to this aluminium oxidation.
- Solderability – Good. Soldering aluminium can be difficult, as it is more difficult than soldering other metals. Soldering aluminium is easier when you use the right solder blend and remove aluminium oxide
- Machining, Drilling & Grinding: Good. Aluminium is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding
- Welding – Good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
Perforated Mesh Specifications
The specifications of this 3mm round aluminium perforated metal are as follows:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 3mm round hole
- Pitch – 5mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1mm thick flat sheet
This type of perforated steel has round holes punched in a triangular pattern. You will also find square and various other shapes through the Perforated Metal section of our store.
Round holed stainless steel and aluminium mesh are suitable for a large range of purposes, consequently we have supplied thousands of customers with this type of sheet.
Perforated Metal Uses
Our customers have used perforated metals for the following applications:
- Airbrick vent coverings for rodent control
- Air conditioning guards
- Bridge and balustrade construction
- Various structural steel works
- Automotive repair
- Various DIY and basic engineering applications
We offer perforated metal sheets up to 2000 x 1000mm in size. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets. We also offer a cutting service. Please email us if you require a bespoke size – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.