Stainless Steel Mesh Wire
The Mesh Company is one of the leading suppliers of stainless steel mesh wire in the United Kingdom. Additionally, in addition to stocking only the best products, we provide the most helpful customer service by providing bespoke cutting and fast shipping.
We have made all of the random off-cut and clearance rolls available here so that you can grab a bargain. These rolls are perfect in quality and represent great value for money.
We are the best suppliers for your needs because:
- FREE UK delivery on all orders
- Orders dispatch within 24 hours of order
- Located in Warrington, UK which is the UK home of mesh and metals
- Our experienced staff are experts in the mesh market and care personally about your customer experience
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Stainless Steel Mesh
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of stainless steel mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Good. You could bend this mesh by hand and it would retain its shape
- Corrosion Resistance – Very good. 304 grade stainless steel offers good resistance to many corrosive elements, however 316 is preferable for marine and aquatic applications
- Heat Resistance – Good. 304 grade stainless steel offers a good level of resistance to heat
- Machinability – Good. Mild steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding, but stainless steel can also offer good results
- Welding – Very good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
- Painting – Poor. We suggest that a mild steel product is used when a layer of paint needs to be applied. Galvanised and stainless steel will not take paint
The standard specifications of stainless steel mesh wire that we offer are as follows:
Heavy Duty Mesh
- 3 x 1.6mm = 6.867mm / 65.78%
- 4 x 0.9mm = 5.45mm / 74%
- 4 x 1.2mm = 5.10mm / 64.50%
- 4 x 1.6mm = 4.75mm / 56%
- 5 x 1mm = 4mm / 64.50%
- 6 x 0.9mm = 3.33mm / 62%
- 6 x 1.2mm = 3mm / 50%
- 8 x 0.43mm = 2.75mm / 75%
- 8 x 0.71mm = 2.47mm / 60%
- 8 x 0.9mm = 2.28mm / 51%
- 10 x 0.56mm= 1.98mm / 60.77%
- 10 x 0.9mm= 1.64mm / 42%
- 12 x 0.34mm = 1.78mm / 70%
- 12 x 0.45mm = 1.67mm / 62%
- 12 x 0.56mm = 1.56mm / 54%
- 14 x 0.25mm = 1.56mm / 74%
- 14 x 0.45mm = 1.36mm / 57%
- 16 x 0.28mm = 1.31mm / 68%
- 16 x 0.355mm = 1.233mm / 60%
- 16 x 0.45mm = 1.138mm / 51%
- 16 x 0.4mm = 1.19mm / 55.96%
- 16 x 0.56mm = 1.028mm / 42%
- 18 x 0.45mm = 0.96mm / 46%
- 18 x 0.4mm = 1.01mm / 51%
- 20 x 0.36mm = 0.91mm / 51%
- 20 x 0.46mm = 0.81mm / 41%
- 20 x 0.4mm Twill = 0.87mm / 47%
- 20 x 0.5mm = 0.77mm / 37%
- 22 x 0.22mm = 0.94mm / 66%
- 24 x 0.355mm = 0.70mm / 44%
- 24 x 0.4mm = 0.66mm / 39%
- 26 x 0.15mm = 0.83mm / 72%
- 28 x 0.35mm = 0.56mm / 38%
- 30 x 0.16mm = 0.69mm / 66%
- 30 x 0.28mm = 0.57mm / 45%
- 32 x 0.28mm = 0.51mm / 42%
- 34 x 0.25mm = 0.497mm / 44%
- 36 x 0.25mm = 0.456mm / 42%
- 40 x 0.22mm = 0.42mm / 43%
- 44 x 0.22mm = 0.36mm / 38%
- 50 x 0.16mm = 0.328mm / 47%
- 50 x 0.19mm = 0.318mm / 39%
- 50 x 0.2mm = 0.308mm / 37%
- 51 x 0.14mm = 0.358mm / 52%
- 60 x 0.16mm = 0.263mm / 39%
- 70 x 0.14mm = 0.223mm / 38%
- 70 x 0.16mm = 0.203mm / 31%
- 80 x 0.14mm = 0.178mm / 31%
- 84 x 0.063mm = 0.239mm / 64%
- 84 x 0.09mm = 0.212mm / 49%
- 97 x 0.1mm = 0.162mm / 38%
- 98 x 0.08mm = 0.179mm / 48%
- 100 x 0.114mm = 0.14mm / 20%
- 100 x 0.1mm = 0.154mm / 37%
- 120 x 0.063mm = 0.149mm / 49%
- 130 x 0.043mm = 0.152mm / 61%
- 145 x 0.052mm = 0.123mm / 49%
- 150 x 0.065mm = 0.104mm / 38%
- 150 x 0.066mm = 0.103mm / 37%
- 160 x 0.03mm = 0.129mm / 66%
- 165 x 0.05mm = 0.104mm / 46%
- 180 x 0.03mm = 0.111mm / 62%
- 180 x 0.05mm = 0.091mm / 42%
- 200 x 0.04mm = 0.087mm / 47%
- 200 x 0.05mm = 0.077mm / 37%
- 230 x 0.028mm = 0.082mm / 56%
- 230 x 0.036mm = 0.074mm / 45%
SS304 is a non-magnetic stainless steel grade. Magnets will not stick to this grade of metal. In industry, this is the most common stainless steel grade. A huge variety of applications are possible with this product.
SS304 also has outstanding forming and welding characteristics.
This grade of stainless steel is austenitic. This means that when it is cool the iron element remains in the form of austenite (gamma iron). This is a phase of iron that is nonmagnetic.
Above all, 304 grade stainless steel is long lasting in almost all environments. For instance, this mesh would last for upwards of 20 years if used for standard internal applications.
About The Mesh Company
In 2008 Locker Wire Weavers launched The Mesh Company to bring our enormous range of wire mesh products to the general public for the first time. Previously wire mesh was only available for trade customers.
We continue to extend our range, and now proudly offer many forms of mesh and metal products for the best possible prices. We specialise in woven wire mesh. As a group we work closely with architects and designers to develop ground-breaking new applications for our multifunctional range of materials. We also offer state of the art fabrication and engineering for projects of all sizes.
Strong ties with the Warrington community continue to be at the very core of our business. We are proud to invest in the training and developing our staff of all levels in line with the traditions set by Thomas Locker, who founded our group 150 years ago when he invented the electronic loom. We continue to bring ingenuity and strong ethics to our day to day business.
The Mesh Company continues Warrington’s historic role in the wire industry. For more than 140 years, our group has been a leader in the supply and manufacture of woven wire mesh and wire cloth. Having been founded in Warrington, UK in 1878, Locker mesh products still retain the quality craftsmanship and spirit of innovation that were so characteristic then.
The majority of wire mesh produced by The Mesh Company is what is known as plain weave. Plain weave is where each warp wire crosses alternately above and below every weft wire and vice versa. Warp and weft wires are normally of the same diameter.
Plain weaves are used for the majority of commercial applications and for filtration where a high flow rate is required.
See the products in our welded mesh section if you require a mesh product where the wires are fixed in place. Welded mesh is commonly available in galvanised steel.
You will find the range of mesh panel sizes available here offer a wide range of options, that have been designed to suit most requirements. For those who require a specific size then please be advised that that the majority of woven mesh is usually available in a maximum roll size of 30 metres x 1200mm. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.