We weave this 2.55mm hole heavy duty woven mesh from solid copper wire. We love working with copper mesh. It is so soft to cut and use compared to the stainless equivalent.
Copper is the only metal that has a natural colour other than grey or silver. This makes it an ideal decorative metal. A red-orange colour is present in the raw metal, but this colour changes as it is exposed to the elements.
Architects and designers use natural verdigris or patina in their designs to create a distinctive effect. Final patinas are highly resistant to atmospheric corrosion, thereby protecting underlying metals from further weathering.
Copper Mesh For Pest Control
This rat mesh is one of the best methods of pest control is a rodent proof mesh deterrent. Our 2.5mm hole heavy duty rodent wire mesh is ideal for blocking holes, airbricks and vents of all shapes and sizes.
Using the Mesh Company’s Rodent Mesh, you can prevent rodents of all sizes from entering your property. The process of rodent proofing is one of a series of steps you should take to ensure the safety of your building against rats, mice, or squirrels. Rodent infestations may lead to serious consequences, including the spread of disease and deterioration of hygiene.
By blocking off potential entry points, rodents can be prevented from entering. You should use a rodent proof sealant or wire mesh to block off possible entry points. Rodent proof wire mesh is a low-cost product that can be effectively utilized by both professionals and individuals.
If rats or mice wish to gain access to almost any environment in the home, this type of stainless steel is the ideal choice.
About The Mesh
You will find this metal mesh to be of interest if you require tough product for a filtration application. We use quality copper wire to weave this heavy duty mesh.
Due to the thick wire diameter of this 2.55mm hole copper wire mesh would be suitable rodent proofing if required. Not suitable for insect mesh.
We cut this thickness of mesh using scissors and would also recommend tin snips.
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of copper mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Excellent. Produced using solid copper wire. Copper is light and flexible making it the finished structure is malleable
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent. Copper is essentially corrosion-proof
- Filtration – Good. This specification was originally woven to be used as a filter mesh. It will filter out all particles that are 2.5mm or larger
- Welding – Possible. Soldering, brazing, and welding can all be used to join copper and copper alloys
- Painting – Good. Spray paint can be used to paint copper. The metal should be clean and dry before spray painting. An epoxy primer should be applied to promote adhesion
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications for this 2.5mm hole copper wire mesh are as follows:
- Mesh Count = 8 holes per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 64 holes per square inch
- Wire Thickness = 0.63mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 2.55mm
- Open Area % = 64%
- Cut With – We cut this with kitchen scissors or tin snips
This will work as a sieve for anything larger than 2.55mm.
Composition and Properties
It is easy to work, join, and install copper due to its ductility. Metallurgically, it can be joined by welding, soldering, or brazing. Due to its softness, this mesh can fit into most design configurations.
Copper is rigid as well as readily formable, so it adds to the integrity of the system even when adverse conditions exist.
Below are some quick details about the corrosion resistance properties of copper mesh:
- Does not react with water, but it does slowly react with atmospheric oxygen to form a brown-black layer of copper oxide. The oxide layer, in contrast to the oxidation of iron by moist air, prevents any further corrosion of the bulk
- Does not support the growth of bacteria
- Long-lasting and maintenance-free properties. Making it an ideal material for mechanical and industrial systems
- Never needs to be painted to be corrosion-resistant. A thin film also forms that offers natural corrosion protection
- This mesh won’t burn. Copper does not support combustion
The Mesh Company produces plain weave wire mesh. Plain weave is where each warp wire crosses alternately above and below every weft wire and vice versa. Usually the warp and weft wires are of the same diameter.
Plain weaves are used for the majority of commercial applications and for filtration where a high flow rate is required. Plain weave has a massive range of possibilities.
We offer this range of mesh panel sizes available here in a wide range of options.
Please call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Thank you for checking out our listing. We really appreciate it.