Galvanised Steel Heavy Duty Mousemesh
This quality woven mousemesh is one of the best methods of pest control as it acts as a deterrent.
Using the Mesh Company’s rodent mesh, you can prevent rodents of all sizes from entering your property. The process of rodent proofing is one of a series of steps you should take to ensure the safety of your building against rats, mice, or squirrels. Rodent infestations may lead to serious consequences, including the spread of disease and deterioration of hygiene.
By blocking off potential entry points, rodents can be prevented from entering. You should use a rodent proof sealant or mousemesh to block off possible entry points. Rodent proof wire mesh is a low-cost product that can be effectively utilized by both professionals and individuals.
If rats or mice wish to gain access to almost any environment in the home, this type of galvanised steel is the ideal choice.
Rat Wire Mesh
The Mesh Company can help keep rodents out of your home with our range of vermin mesh. For instance, rodent wire mesh can be used to seal off any holes, gaps, or vents in a property to prevent mice from entering your home or business. The mesh, made from galvanised steel, is designed to keep out many forms of rodent and is an ideal solution for internal and external rodent screening applications.
If you would like any advice about the specifications you should use for your application, please get in touch with our sales team.
This wire mesh is strong, however it is pretty each to cut and bend by hand.
Below is a breakdown of the key characteristics of this galvanised steel mousemesh:
- Bending & Forming – Good. It is possible to bend this metal by hand. Use gloves to handle this mesh
- Corrosion Resistance – Good. We produce this from mild steel that has been zinc-dipped, which gives it the galvanised finish that protects it from the elements
- Filtration – Good. This mesh has a large open area, consequently it is popularly used as a large filter or barrier
- Welding – Possible. Galvanised metal, when properly prepared, can be welded in the same manner as uncoated steel
- Painting – Poor. It’s best to paint plain steel since it doesn’t have a coating
There are many reasons to use galvanised steel mesh for your mousemesh requirement. Above all, it allows for great airflow while providing strength and structure.
Below are the specifications of this 2.47mm wire heavy duty mesh:
- Mesh Count = 8 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 64 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.71mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 2.47mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 60%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
Filters out particles larger than 2.5mm.
The Mesh Company specialises in plain rat wire mesh. Woven mesh is made on a loom by crossing each warp wire alternately above and below every weft wire, and vice versa. Warp and weft wires are normally of the same diameter.
Most commercial applications and filtration systems requiring high flow rates use this type of mesh. The wires are loose, but the weave is tight so the structure is strong.
Weaving the wires allows for the smallest hole size possible out of all mesh types.
140 years of experience goes into producing this mesh.
About The Mesh Company
In 2008 Locker Wire Weavers launched The Mesh Company to bring our enormous range of wire mesh products to the general public for the first time. Previously wire mesh was only available for trade customers.
We continue to extend our range, and now proudly offer many forms of mesh and metal products for the best possible prices. We specialise in woven wire mesh. As a group we work closely with architects and designers to develop ground-breaking new applications for our multifunctional range of materials. We also offer state of the art fabrication and engineering for projects of all sizes.
Strong ties with the Warrington community continue to be at the very core of our business. We are proud to invest in the training and developing our staff of all levels in line with the traditions set by Thomas Locker, who founded our group 150 years ago when he invented the electronic loom. We continue to bring ingenuity and strong ethics to our day to day business.
The Mesh Company continues Warrington’s historic role in the wire industry. For more than 140 years, our group has been a leader in the supply and manufacture of woven wire mesh and wire cloth. Having been founded in Warrington, UK in 1878, Locker mesh products still retain the quality craftsmanship and spirit of innovation that were so characteristic then.
You will find the range of mesh panel sizes available here offer a wide range of options, that have been designed to suit most requirements. Please be advised that the majority of woven mesh is usually available in a maximum roll size of 30 metres by 1200mm. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – email@example.com.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.