Perforated Metal Sheet
10mm square aluminium perforated metal sheet is produced by punching flat aluminium plate with a specific pattern. The customer’s requirement for metal for cosmetic or application purposes drives this decision.
Sheets with perforations are commonly used to allow air to pass through. Ventilation and filtration are the main uses for this mesh type. Rodent proofing is another use for perforated sheeting.
Here is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this metal mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Good. It is possible to bend this metal with basic tools. We advise that bending by hand is not possible as the thickness of the sheet is too great. The thicker the sheet the harder to bend
- Corrosion Resistance – Good. Oxygen binds very well to aluminium. Aluminium surfaces that are exposed to air or any other oxidizing agent develop a thin, hard film of aluminium oxide very quickly. Aluminium’s corrosion-resistance is precisely due to this aluminium oxidation.
- Solderability – Good. Soldering aluminium can be difficult, as it is more difficult than soldering other metals. Soldering aluminium is easier when you use the right solder blend and remove aluminium oxide
- Machining, Drilling & Grinding: Good. Aluminium is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding
- Welding – Good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
Perforated Aluminium Plate
The specifications of this 10mm square aluminium perforated metal sheet are as follows:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 10mm square hole
- Pitch – 15mm. The pitch is measured from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1.5mm thick flat sheet
This type of perforated metal sheet has even square holes. Please note that we also offer round and various other shapes.
Square holed steel and aluminium mesh are suitable for a large range of purposes, as a result of the solid structure. We have set a wide range of sheet sizes through this listing that should cover most requirements.
We advise that you use stainless steel perforated metal if an improved corrosion resistance.
Aluminium perforated metal is a punched sheet plate. This product is a straight square pattern.
The 1050 H14 grade is at least 99.5% pure aluminium. Suitable for both MIG and TIG welding. We recommend this product to customers for use on classic cars, kit cars, and sports cars.
Aluminium 1050 H14 has excellent corrosion resistance, furthermore it is ideal for anodizing or powder coating. Often used in the manufacture of signs and curtain walls.
Can be applied to commercial vehicles, horse boxes, trailers, and caravans.
Water and air traverse perforated mesh. This makes it commonly used for applications such as ventilation or filtering, where it is imperative that the liquid or gas passes through.
Our customers have used perforated metals for the following applications:
- Airbrick vent coverings for rodent control
- Air conditioning guards
- Bridge and balustrade construction
- Various structural steel works
- Automotive repair
- Various DIY and basic engineering applications
Aluminium Sheet Cut To Size
We offer perforated metal sheets up to 2000 x 1000mm in size. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets. We also offer a cutting service. Please email us if you require a bespoke size – email@example.com.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.